Limelight™ Flair Spa

I find this forum VERY informative and I appreciate all the people who take the time to read and answer questions type.gif- I had made an earlier post about a spa I was looking at and the company was listed as Raindance. I had 2 replies and then did some more digging. I googled their address from their webstie only to find out they Infinity Spas hairraise.gif ...so again thanks!!

So, now I am thinking about purchasing a limelight flair spa-I was reading the owners manule pdf and came across this bit...

"PREVENTION OF FREEZING snowman.gif

Your Limelight™ hot tub has been designed and engineered for year-round use in any climate. In some areas, extremely cold temperatures (below

10°F, or -23°C), combined with strong wind, may cause partial freezing of the jet pump, even though the water inside the hot tub remains at the

selected temperature. The energy efficiency of the hot tub may also decrease during these cold periods, as the heater will cycle more frequently.

To avoid most problems associated with component freezing, the 24-hour continuous filtration system has been designed with bleed lines

connecting the jet pump with the heating/filtering system. Since the heating system’s circulation pump runs continuously, cooler water in the

heating and filtering systems is continually being replaced by warm water from the hot tub. As an additional precaution against partial freezing of

some of the components, the equipment compartment can be insulated with an insulating kit (available from your Limelight dealer). This insulating

kit will also help to maximize the hot tub’s energy efficiency.

NOTE: When warmer weather returns (approx. 60°-70°F, or 16°-21°C), the insulating kit must be removed to prevent overheating of the jet pump.

Please contact your Limelight dealer for additional information, or to order the insulating kit .

I live 18 miles north of Boston and our temps drop WELL below 10 degrees and I had/have FULL intentions of hottubbing on my deck regardless of the temp outside or snow (sleet, I will pas on that!) -SO-some questions:

1) Has anyone bought this spa in a similar climate and used it?

2) Did you buy the extra insulation kit? If so cost and effectiveness comments?

3) Have you had any problems?

4) Overall comments on the performance of this sap-would you but it again

5) Anyone care to share pricing/purchase price paid.

I am just scared of pumps/motors freezing and or the shell cracking in the winter-Suffice to say, I am the type of person that if it can go wrong, it will go wrong! acme.gif

Thanks in advance

To avoid most problems associated with component freezing, the 24-hour continuous filtration system has been designed with bleed lines

connecting the jet pump with the heating/filtering system. Since the heating system’s circulation pump runs continuously, cooler water in the

heating and filtering systems is continually being replaced by warm water from the hot tub.

I am just scared of pumps/motors freezing and or the shell cracking in the winter-Suffice to say, I am the type of person that if it can go wrong, it will go wrong! acme.gif

Thanks in advance

The wording of that may be confusing but what they're saying is there is a tie-in line between the 24/7 circ pump (which the heater runs through) to the jet pumps. Therefore, if the jet pumps are off for days at a time a little bit of the heated water from the circ pump continually runs through the jet pumps to assure that water is always warm (also helps avoid stangant water if you don't use the pump for weeks on end). That's a safety net against the pumps freezing so I don't think you really need to worry much about that.

heating and filtering systems is continually being replaced by warm water from the hot tub.

Thanks in advance

The wording of that may be confusing but what they're saying is there is a tie-in line between the 24/7 circ pump (which the heater runs through) to the jet pumps. Therefore, if the jet pumps are off for days at a time a little bit of the heated water from the circ pump continually runs through the jet pumps to assure that water is always warm (also helps avoid stangant water if you don't use the pump for weeks on end). That's a safety net against the pumps freezing so I don't think you really need to worry much about that.

Thanks for the reply, you talked me off the ledge regarding this!!

Hi there Kathy!

We picked up the Limelight line of spas here in Montana, and have sold them since release. This last December we had some -20F nights, and I haven't had any complaints from owners. :) I wouldn't be to worried about it. Reality is, every hot tub will technically be less efficient as the temperature drops. However, those Limelight spas are pretty solid, especially since they use the 24/7 circulation pump. Cuts down on your energy bill quite a bit.

If you like the Limelight Flair, I'd say go for it! It's a great spa (not to mention great looking!)

I think the limelight is made in Mexico...TJ to be exact :o

LOL Having lived in Phoenix and Tucson a long time myself, I can understand where your concern with things being made in Mexico may come from. Some Arizonans have issue with such things from my experience. However, I haven't seen this to be an issue so far as a dealer. Not to mention, if any spa is going to be made in Mexico, a Watkins Manufacturing product is a pretty darn safe bet. :) I've toured their Vista, California factory and was very impressed. They tell me their facility in Mexico is actually the most modern of the two.

The nice thing about Watkins (Hot Spring) though, is the fact that they are a part of Masco Corporation (who makes Delta Faucets, Craftmaid Cabinetry, Behr Paints, etc). So they have a very solid backing, and as part of a fortune 500 company they are more so in the public eye. So there's much better likelihood of their facilities being up to snuff. :)

Anyhow, we've never had problems with them here in Montana. So unless you're just set against something made in Mexico, there's nothing wrong with the Limelight brand. :)