Custom Spa Vs. Used 2007 Hotsprings Vanguard

mattyb

My wife and I have been trying to decide on a 6-7 person spa now for a couple of weeks and need some advice.

We were trying to get a 2009 Factory "reject" of the Vanguard and it was only going for $5495 with only a 1 year warranty but we came up about 3 days short. The only other spa that the Hotsprings dealer has in our price range is a Used 2007 Vanguard for $4995 which he will give us a 2 year warranty. It comes with the steps, cover, cover lifter, sub panel box, and delivery and setup. The dealer said he bought it back from a former customer who had to relocate. We are not so enthusiastic about buying a Used spas. We feel like it should be somewhat less seeing it is used and 2 years old.

We did some looking around town and found a local custom built spa manufacturer called "Custom Crafted Spas" and also known as "Pacific Outdoor Spas" We can get a seven person 82" x 82" "Crystal" custom spa (color, location of jets, material) with 2, 5 HP pumps, 40 jets, ozonator, cover, steps, delivery and setup. The website is www.pacificoutdoorspas.com There is one review online about the manufacturer and it is not good.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

My wife and I have been trying to decide on a 6-7 person spa now for a couple of weeks and need some advice.

We were trying to get a 2009 Factory "reject" of the Vanguard and it was only going for $5495 with only a 1 year warranty but we came up about 3 days short. The only other spa that the Hotsprings dealer has in our price range is a Used 2007 Vanguard for $4995 which he will give us a 2 year warranty. It comes with the steps, cover, cover lifter, sub panel box, and delivery and setup. The dealer said he bought it back from a former customer who had to relocate. We are not so enthusiastic about buying a Used spas. We feel like it should be somewhat less seeing it is used and 2 years old.

We did some looking around town and found a local custom built spa manufacturer called "Custom Crafted Spas" and also known as "Pacific Outdoor Spas" We can get a seven person 82" x 82" "Crystal" custom spa (color, location of jets, material) with 2, 5 HP pumps, 40 jets, ozonator, cover, steps, delivery and setup. The website is www.pacificoutdoorspas.com There is one review online about the manufacturer and it is not good.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The 2 yr dealer warranty makes the Vanguard a good option but it can't hurt to counter with about $4300 and see what they say. I'll bet they'll take it or recounter. The spas on that other website were less than impressive IMO.

Definitely go for the 2007 Vanguard before they sell that. That's an AWESOME deal frankly. As a Hot Spring Dealer, I sell the 2009 Vanguard for over $10,000. I really don't think we'd ever price a 2007 Vanguard for that little. Grab that deal while it's there, especially if your local dealer will stand behind it for 2 years.

Hot Spring is a very reputable, long standing, and energy efficient spa manufacturer. The local hot tub company you mentioned probably doesn't compare to the Hot Spring in many ways. I won't go into all the difference you'd likely see, since that would create a big list and simply cause a storm on the forums.

We are nervous buying a spa that was in someones yard being used for the last 2 years. We are most about the shell knowing that if it do cracks we are in trouble. How do we know if it is in good shape underneath. The inside looks good, but like I said we are nervous. What do you think?

Thanks again

We are nervous buying a spa that was in someones yard being used for the last 2 years. We are most about the shell knowing that if it do cracks we are in trouble. How do we know if it is in good shape underneath. The inside looks good, but like I said we are nervous. What do you think?

Thanks again

Thats not a very common occurance and if it does crack its repairable. Personally I wouldn't let that sway me if I felt I was happy with the purchase otherwise.