Marquis Reward & Artic Frontier Prices And Opinions

Thewolf

Hello,

We're looking to purchase our 1st spa in the next week or so and I think we've narrowed it down to the Frontier or Reward. We've wet tested both and we still can't decide.

I've done a lot of reading on this site and both manufactures seem to have very good reputations. I'd like to get people's opinions on the pros and cons of these spas and if the prices I'm being given are good, bad or other.

Here's what I'm being offered.

Marquis Reward including delivery, setup, cover, lifter and 1 year of chemicals - $8500. I can also upgrade to an Epic for about $1500 more.

Arctic Frontier Ultra including delivery, setup, cover, lifter, northern lights, forever floor, arctic ozone and 3 months of chemical - $9000

I'd also like to get opinions on Arctic and Marquis dealers in South Denver, Colorado if anyone has experience with them.

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry for the misspelled title :) I couldn't edit the title after I posted.)

Unless you upgrade the Marquis spa it sounds as if your looking at a gross differance of $500.00 total, not much. I would go with whatever one you'd like more rather then base it off the money differance, you won't care about the $500.00 ninety days into it but you might regret say a color choice, shell configuration and jets. As for the chemicals, That's not worth enough to sway the deal in my opinion. sounds like you preffer the Artic spa so perhaps go to that dealer and tell him your looking at the competitors Maequis. If you have a written quote, take it with you and perhaps you will get the Arctic for the same price if thats your goal. Either way , sounds like two good spa choices.

While I am an Arctic owner, I will attempt to be unbiased in my suggestions to you.

First of all, if the feel and comfort of the tubs is equivalent, I would then consider the layout of each. Did you and your significant others sit right next to each other to determine the closeness of the seating. I have not sat in either although I did look at the Frontier at the dealer. It has quite a large footwell and the seats seem to be distant enough so you're not playing footsie with other occupants. The Reward has 2 corner seats which seem to have limited access to the footwell. I'm only looking at their catalog so it's hard to tell. Also, the lounge runs into one of the corner seats so I'm not sure how 2 people could occupy those seats at the same time.

Secondly, I know the Arctic has about 8 different types of jets (in 2 sizes). They all have various feels which IMO is important. Marquis seems to offer only these HK jets which appear to be directional but possibly not rotational. Again, I'm not sure but it's something I would check out before buying. I would also highly recommend going with the unit that has jets in the positions that you and your family most need them.

Finally, I was also a stickler on the mfg process of spas so I did a lot research on the differences between processes. If you are interested, you can go to my thread on page 2 entitled "Fellows Consumers, Arctic is my Choice" to read more as to why I made my decision. Good luck and happy shopping!

Both are quality spas. I tested the Epic this past summer and was EXTREMELY impressed with these HK40 jets (although there ARE other jets within this spa)! I, like wes, thought a jet needed to be a spinner or have a pulsating action in order to be therapeutic but I found that spa to be one of the most enjoyable I ever had the pleasure of testing and I have tested many over the years.

Obviously, you have tested both so it really comes down to which spa has the greatest value to YOU. I could give my personal opinion on each but that won't change the fact that this is for you. Both companies have a good reputation though I believe Marquis has a stronger warranty. Did you find one more comfortable? More therapeutic? Quieter? Which dealer seemed more geniune in their approach?

It's all about your comfort level now and even thoughy you'll find the odd poster that will try to justify their purchase to you and give you the "sell"... you have done your homework and the rest is up to you from a personal level.

Steve

I wet tested the Epic with a friend that was spa shopping about 2 months ago and I was very impressed with it, I've never used an Artic spa before but they seem like a great spa to me, well built and the people who have them all seem to love them. I think you can't go wrong either way. IMO you should go with the spa you find to be more comfortable.

I agree with the other post, about going to the Arctic dealer and telling him it's a toss up and the other spa you were looking at is $500 less and see what he will do for you. It couldn't hurt to go back to both and see if they can each go a little lower.

Good Luck

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I'm going to go to the Marquis dealer and see if he'll bring the Epic down closer to the Frontier.

The local dealer is a big part of my decision and the Marquis dealer has been in business for 20 years (Multiple locations around Denver) and the sales guy really knew the product where the Arctic dealer (1 location within 60 miles) has been in business 1 year and didn't seem to know his product as well.

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I'm going to go to the Marquis dealer and see if he'll bring the Epic down closer to the Frontier.

The local dealer is a big part of my decision and the Marquis dealer has been in business for 20 years (Multiple locations around Denver) and the sales guy really knew the product where the Arctic dealer (1 location within 60 miles) has been in business 1 year and didn't seem to know his product as well.

Sounds like you've made your decision. Best of luck and let us know how it all ened up! Comfort with the dealer is PARAMOUNT in my opinion and ongoing, educated support from the dealer has a great value to it!!

Steve