Jacuzzi Proclear Stick/mps/dichlor

ChevyB

Hi all,

We have had our new J365 for about two weeks now and have really enjoyed it. We were offered the chance to try their Proclear stick (basically Nature from what i read)as they stated it was a bit better for most peoples skin, especially kids. Our kids are small so they are not in the tub that often or long, its mostly me and the miss's and friends off and on.

One question, you are to test the MPS reading prior to entering and adjust and then add X amount of Shock after you leave. OR you can use the Sanitize (less is required compared to MPS) after each use as well.

I guess which would someone consider the best route to go? Seeing as one would use less Sanitize it would seemingly then last longer between buying a new bottle then the SHOCK.

The reason i ask is using the MPS seems to have resulted in cloudy water when the blower jets are on (2nd pump). Its been used what i would say almost daily since we got it with teh exception of a couple. So i am trying to get the cloudy condition gone and wondering if using one or the other would help. It seems the MPS is harder to keep in that "safe zone"

Thanks!

I've never used a Nature2 or other mineral system, so I probably can't help you much. If you can substitute Sanitize for the Shock, then you can use any brand of dichlor since Sanitize is made of 56% Dichloroisocyanuric Acid. Buy cheaper dichlor and save yourself some money at least.

I doubt that the MPS is directly responsible for the cloudy water, it's probably something else - usually a symptom of unbalanced water. But if it only occurs when a specific jet is used, then maybe there's something in the plumbing. Hopefully someone else can offer some suggestions on what to do about the cloudy water.

Though some folks have luck using Natue2 (the Proclear stick IS made by Nature2) with non chlorine shock either before or after use and adding chlorine weekly...this has never worked for me. It also means adding a lot of product just to avoid the use of chlorine. I find Nature2 along with a little chlorine after use and a weekly shock either with chlorine or MPS worked much better.

• 4 weeks later...
Though some folks have luck using Natue2 (the Proclear stick IS made by Nature2) with non chlorine shock either before or after use and adding chlorine weekly...this has never worked for me. It also means adding a lot of product just to avoid the use of chlorine. I find Nature2 along with a little chlorine after use and a weekly shock either with chlorine or MPS worked much better.

wait whats the difference in these two approaches?