Agp Help

I just gave in to my son who has been persuading me to buy a ABG pool since he was 6. He's 8 years old now and knows how to swim so I thought I'd consider the purchase. I've done some research and read on this forum and it appears like it's btwn the following three:

18' round:

Sharkline Emerald Series Escalade Round Above Ground Pool

Esther Williams Pool

Dough Boy Pool

Please advise which one should I go with and the differences in prices.

I'm new to this site and live in NJ. Also, when would be the best time to make the order and have it installed for the one you think I should choose so that I can enjoy it when it starts to warm up in June? Kindly advise. Thanks, Mario

I just gave in to my son who has been persuading me to buy a ABG pool since he was 6. He's 8 years old now and knows how to swim so I thought I'd consider the purchase. I've done some research and read on this forum and it appears like it's btwn the following three:

18' round:

Esther Williams Pool

Dough Boy Pool

I'm new to this site and live in NJ. Also, when would be the best time to make the order and have it installed for the one you think I should choose so that I can enjoy it when it starts to warm up in June? Kindly advise. Thanks, Mario

HI Dalya,

I have and Esterh Williams pool. YOu can read my comments on it in the thread labels "Pool Hunting". I think it's a quality unit. But can't compare it to the others you mentioned as, I don't have direct experice with them.

I think if you want the pool installed by June, you'd want to have it ordered by march. THis of course all depends on just how busy the installer is, and how much work is needed for you site. However, I think if you wait to say May, you'd be hard pressed to see the dealer be able to order the pool, and have it installed in 1 month....better safe than sorry. Do you homework now and buy before the spring. :)

if those are your three choice go with the ester williams the other two pools are decent but there are better pools out there if you can try to find a year and clearance for this years pool or get a pre spring order in

Also get your installation date set now for next year if they can do it or book the set up for march so you are ensured to have your time frame that you want

• 2 weeks later...

18' round:

Esther Williams Pool

Dough Boy Pool

The Escalade is a good steel pool, you did not say what Esther Williams model you were interested in, they have many differant types, was it an alluminum or steelpool. If you have the room and it's in your budget, you may want to consider the next size up from the 18', it shouldn't be that much more in price and it gives you a lot more room, as your son grows and gets more play pals an 18 may seem a bit confining.

The Escalade is a good steel pool, you did not say what Esther Williams model you were interested in, they have many differant types, was it an alluminum or steelpool. If you have the room and it's in your budget, you may want to consider the next size up from the 18', it shouldn't be that much more in price and it gives you a lot more room, as your son grows and gets more play pals an 18 may seem a bit confining.

I thought all the Esther Willaims were aluminum? Either the Aluminum slats, or the rolled allunimum wall?

I agree with you on the size. I went from an 18' to a 21' and the differnece was very noticable. A roudn pool gives you the most bang for the buck and I'd recomend going with the largest diameter you can.