Frustrated - Need Help

I'm having some issues with my pool this season.

I have cleaned the pool of all debris and have the water level right. I have vacuumed numerous times and and backwashed plenty of times too, yet my water still appears to be green.

When I first got the water level under control and also cleared the pool of leaves etc, the water managed to turn a shade of blue, although not perfect. Initially I added ph plus because the level was a little on the slow side. Since then I have added algaeside and shock (last dose was a week ago), but all week the pool water has gotten progressively worse until it's current state of green.

Is their such thing as putting too much shock in the pool when it first gets opened to help control everything? My pool holds approximately 22,000 gallons.

I have Alkalinity Up and Dry Acid. Should either os these chemicals be added to help turn the color of the water?

I guess I'm just frustrated and until I can get the water tested at the pool store I want to know if there is anything I can do in the mean time.

Have you added an algecide???

I have cleaned the pool of all debris and have the water level right. I have vacuumed numerous times and and backwashed plenty of times too, yet my water still appears to be green.

When I first got the water level under control and also cleared the pool of leaves etc, the water managed to turn a shade of blue, although not perfect. Initially I added ph plus because the level was a little on the slow side. Since then I have added algaeside and shock (last dose was a week ago), but all week the pool water has gotten progressively worse until it's current state of green.

Is their such thing as putting too much shock in the pool when it first gets opened to help control everything? My pool holds approximately 22,000 gallons.

I have Alkalinity Up and Dry Acid. Should either os these chemicals be added to help turn the color of the water?

I guess I'm just frustrated and until I can get the water tested at the pool store I want to know if there is anything I can do in the mean time.

The first thing I'm curious about is your Free Chlorine level? If your free chlorine level is fairly low, you are probably fighting algae and will need to shock the living heck out of it to get rid of that. I doubt you overshocked your pool. Chlorine is what my pool always needs more of when there's a problem. You need to get your FC (Free chlorine) up to a good 10 or 20ppm.

Richard (Chemgeek) really knows his stuff and can be of more help than me, but I'd start by posting your Free Chlorine number here. That should lend some clues.

Rob