In Over My Head!

Cworthy

I recently was given a very old Beechport spa, and am getting ready to try installing it. I have an 8 X 10 concrete slab where I had planned to place it and build an enclosure. I was hoping to have all the equipment within the enclosure, but some of this stuff seems really big!

The label on the water pump says it is a swimming pool pump, 50 amp, Magnetek 1.5 hp, 120/240. The filter housing is more than 24" tall and about 8 inches in diameter. Is this normal? It seems like it truly is big enough for a swimming pool, and made me wonder if it was appropriate for a spa....same for the pump---huge! I was expecting more like 3/4 hp.

The heater is a Raytek, 48 amp, manufactured in May of 1988.

The air blower seems to be what I would suppose is normal size for a spa. Also, there is something I was told is called a "dryer." It looks kinda like another blower, but has a pvc pipe attached that goes straight up about 3 feet and then does a 180 back down to 3 or 4 inches below the "blower" and I have no idea about its purpose.

Hope I don't regret getting into all this---any and all advice greatly appreciated---many thanks!

Craig

Hi Craig,

Im kind of new to all this but quite hands on.

I have found this site brilliant for finding your way around a hot tub:

http://spasupport.com/

It sounds like quite a lot of the kit you have is quite old and probably more for commercial spa/pool use and probably even past their best.

It might be worth using the shell and re plumbing with a new spa pack and pumps?

Sorry I cant be more help :(

P.s can you post some pics up?