Arctic Add On Ozone As Good As Factory Install?

Tomab

My Arctic tub was supposed to have Arctic Ozone installed at the factory, however, somehow my tub does not have it installed for reasons I have yet to find out. My dealer said they can add it on now.

I would like to know if an installation in an existing tub is just as good as if it was installed in the factory. My worries are if the quality of installation after the tub is built can be as good as the the one installed in the factory. I can't help but wonder if years down the road it may be more likely to have leaks around the installation area due to improper access, materials, workers ability, ext....

At first my feeling was that I should demand a new tub as I ordered it and paid for it. But I'm not just trying to be difficult. If the add on install can be just as good as a factory install I think I would be willing to accept that.

Whats everyones thoughts? Should I let the dealer install the ozone system on sight on my existing tub or demand a new tub with everything I ordered on it straight from the factory?

I haven't heard back from my dealer on how exactly they want to handle this. I don't want to get caught up in "the dealer should have noticed this before delivery" or "Arctic shouldn't of let this happen" argument. I already know this whole situation is B/S and I am quite disgusted already. It would be nice to have some unbiased opinions on which is best about the installation.

Any opinions would be helpfull.

Thank you very much,

Tomab

Tom,

I am sorry to hear of all your troubles. You are right in thinking if you ordered a spa with ozone, it should have been installed when it was ordered. My only guess is that maybe your dealer order a stock tub that was already built without the ozone, and was going to add the ozonator before it was delivered and forgot. Or your dealer may have forgot to add the option when ordering your tub. I doubt it was missed at the factory but you never know. But, installing a Arctic Ozone after production is very very easy, and will be of the exact same quality as factory installed. The tubs are basically ozone ready anyways, so it really is no sweat to install it after production, and the quality of the ozone will be the same no matter when it is installed. Again, sorry to hear of your troubles. How has the tub been for you other than the ozone mishap?

My Arctic tub was supposed to have Arctic Ozone installed at the factory, however, somehow my tub does not have it installed for reasons I have yet to find out. My dealer said they can add it on now.

I would like to know if an installation in an existing tub is just as good as if it was installed in the factory.

Adding ozone to a spa is very quick, very easy and there should be no reason to worry about quality of workmanship versus what you would have gotten had it been done at the factory as you had expected. The only thing to take note of is to be sure you're getting the same ozone generator that would have come with the spa factory installed as there are very good ozone generators and cheap after market units (i.e. low cost UV units) so just cover that with your dealer to know the generator is what you expect and you should have nothing to be concerned with.

Tom,

Again, sorry to hear of your troubles. How has the tub been for you other than the ozone mishap?

It has been great. It will be even better once this is dealt with. I just wish the dealer thought this was as urgent as I do.

Thanks for the input Water Boy and spateck.