Lots Of Details, Lots Of Questions

Midnite

Hi everyone, new spa buyer...soon :D

I'm looking at a Sundance cameo, Jacuzzi 375 and another dealer pushing Coast. Help :)

I heard that Jacuzzi gives a stronger water massage 50/50 (water/air) compared to 70/30 with all others ? I'm in pretty cold...Montreal, is one better insulated ? seems that Sundance has a good warranty. I'm getting ready for the famous wet test, any help and recommendations would be appreciated, seems like its very hard to get objective reviews, comparisons etc on hot tubs. I am thrilled I found this forum, looking forward to reading lots of topics

Thanks

MJ

As I remember the Coast & Sundance warranty pages were almost Verbatim

From what I saw they are close but it seemed that Sundance was a little better, the salesman kept pushing that Coast was much better insulated ?? with a salt system included the coast is a little more $$ but I haven't done a wet test on either yet.

I do not have any experience with Sundance - only Cal and Coast. We bought a Coast - LOVED it! At the time we bought it it was the BEST insulated on the market. The water temp went higher than of the others marketed at the time. The dimensions were deeper than other spas and if you want 12 month use - you want it deep enough so your shoulders do not get cold. That is the complaint I have with our Cal Spa - not deep enough. It was here when we bought the house so we didn't pick it out. :( I shopped for a new spa this Spring at a pool and spa show - no Cal or Coast dealers present....hmmmm. Economy so bad dealers are not much into marketing??? Not sure - all I know is the only spa I remotely liked was a Master Spa - but the reviews are horrible on the Master Spa that I cancelled. Still shopping....

I'm looking at a Sundance cameo, Jacuzzi 375 and another dealer pushing Coast. Help :)

I heard that Jacuzzi gives a stronger water massage 50/50 (water/air) compared to 70/30 with all others ? I'm in pretty cold...Montreal, is one better insulated ? seems that Sundance has a good warranty. I'm getting ready for the famous wet test, any help and recommendations would be appreciated, seems like its very hard to get objective reviews, comparisons etc on hot tubs. I am thrilled I found this forum, looking forward to reading lots of topics

Thanks

MJ

Always wet test, and make sure to sit in every seat.........even the cool down (beat seat). I was hung up on jets and pumps and what not. Just recently wet tested D1 (amore bay), Artesian Dove Canyon and Jacuzzi J-365 and can honestly say that the Jacuzzi felt the best. The amore just didn't fit, the artesian (with one pump per seat) almost blew me out of the seat and I'm a pretty big guy. The jet power felt like needles after about ten minutes. The Jacuzzi felt real nice..........not over powering with the jets and the tub was plenty deep. The price at around 8K was a few thousand cheaper than the amore and piper glen i thought i wanted. I liked the step into the jacuzzi as I didn't feel like i was going to bust my ass getting in and out of the tub. It also is one of the few tubs that you can actually get a grip on the top as you get in and out. You'll see what I mean when you wet test. A lot of the other members would probably agree with me when I say the only objectivity you should rely on is your own. Wet testing is key in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

MJ

Always wet test, and make sure to sit in every seat.........even the cool down (beat seat). I was hung up on jets and pumps and what not. Just recently wet tested D1 (amore bay), Artesian Dove Canyon and Jacuzzi J-365 and can honestly say that the Jacuzzi felt the best. The amore just didn't fit, the artesian (with one pump per seat) almost blew me out of the seat and I'm a pretty big guy. The jet power felt like needles after about ten minutes. The Jacuzzi felt real nice..........not over powering with the jets and the tub was plenty deep. The price at around 8K was a few thousand cheaper than the amore and piper glen i thought i wanted. I liked the step into the jacuzzi as I didn't feel like i was going to bust my ass getting in and out of the tub. It also is one of the few tubs that you can actually get a grip on the top as you get in and out. You'll see what I mean when you wet test. A lot of the other members would probably agree with me when I say the only objectivity you should rely on is your own. Wet testing is key in my opinion.

After all kinds of testings, sales visits etc we also finally decided on a Jacuzzi 480. Its very roomy and as one saleperson said most women like jacuzzi for its comfortable jets and pressure and most men at first try like the sundance becasue the jets are more vigerous.

I felt like buying a hottub was like buying a car :mellow: many salespeople are not that good and they can spread rumors very quickly. Also the companies are so protective of their dealers it is sometimes hard to get truth without sales pitches.

Anyway can't wait, we are in the process of doing the landscaping and electrical prep. my wife is going a l;ittle crazy trying to decide which chemical sanitizer to use :o , thats a whole forum unto itself and I'm not a chemist :huh: I know that after a few months of use we'll know it all so turn it on and lets relllaaaxxx :P

Thanks everyone

Thanks

MJ

After all kinds of testings, sales visits etc we also finally decided on a Jacuzzi 480. Its very roomy and as one saleperson said most women like jacuzzi for its comfortable jets and pressure and most men at first try like the sundance becasue the jets are more vigerous.

I felt like buying a hottub was like buying a car :mellow: many salespeople are not that good and they can spread rumors very quickly. Also the companies are so protective of their dealers it is sometimes hard to get truth without sales pitches.

Anyway can't wait, we are in the process of doing the landscaping and electrical prep. my wife is going a l;ittle crazy trying to decide which chemical sanitizer to use :o , thats a whole forum unto itself and I'm not a chemist :huh: I know that after a few months of use we'll know it all so turn it on and lets relllaaaxxx :P

Thanks everyone

We got the 480 back in December and have been very, very happy with our decision. Enjoy!!