Sundance Or D1 Advice Needed Please

Hi all, I'm new here and buying my first spa for a family of 8. Looking at the Sundance Optima and the D1 Nautilus. With a current electric bill of about $700 a month (beautiful NY!) energy efficiency is big concern. Of course they both say theirs is cheapest. Both quotes are $9500 tax and delivery incl. (ironic huh?)

Would appreciate ANY advice or thoughts from anyone who has wet tested, owned or just thinks one is superior over the other. Wet tested both and love both.

Also, would anyone have advice on color? I know it's a personal preference but we are looking at one black and one white. White salesman says white is best, black salesman says black is best. Ugg. We don't really care, but just tired of hearing that what's best is, of course, the one they are selling.

Thanks for any advice, I've been pouring over this forum since our search began!

Dor

Wow, wish someone would have responded by now. Can anyone give feedback on these 2 models?

My husband loved the Sundance Optima, but I couldn't stay in the seat, had painful jets, and had a ton of chlorine. I loved the D1 Nautilus (no chlorine smell), but hubby is not impressed with the asthetics. Does anyone have advice on the therapy given by either. It seemed to me that the Optima had just straight jets that almost hurt me, and the Nautilus was more of a massage. He wants me to give the Optima another chance. Does anyone out there love their Optima? Also, can anyone give opinion on the D1 purification system?

We are hoping to choose this week so I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Wow, wish someone would have responded by now. Can anyone give feedback on these 2 models?

My husband loved the Sundance Optima, but I couldn't stay in the seat, had painful jets, and had a ton of chlorine. I loved the D1 Nautilus (no chlorine smell), but hubby is not impressed with the asthetics. Does anyone have advice on the therapy given by either. It seemed to me that the Optima had just straight jets that almost hurt me, and the Nautilus was more of a massage. He wants me to give the Optima another chance. Does anyone out there love their Optima? Also, can anyone give opinion on the D1 purification system?

Thanks!

I would expect the energy efficiency to be similar between these two. As far as the chlorine smell, there is no reason why the sanitizing results should be different for you between these two so that smell isn't indicative of the product but maybe more just the difference between how each dealer has set their spas up.

If the Optima jetting didn't work for you its tough to say you should get it. I also don't know what to say about the fact that your husband doesn't like the aesthetics of the D1. I assume you two narrowed down your search to these spas because the natural reaction is to maybe see what else is out there since you each seem polarized on these two.

Thanks!

I would expect the energy efficiency to be similar between these two. As far as the chlorine smell, there is no reason why the sanitizing results should be different for you between these two so that smell isn't indicative of the product but maybe more just the difference between how each dealer has set their spas up.

If the Optima jetting didn't work for you its tough to say you should get it. I also don't know what to say about the fact that your husband doesn't like the aesthetics of the D1. I assume you two narrowed down your search to these spas because the natural reaction is to maybe see what else is out there since you each seem polarized on these two.

I hav to ask but have u tried any other type of spa? the type of jetting is gonna hav a big effect on whether you use those jets or not. i dont now if u have a marquis dealer in your area but for my wife all othe rtypes of spas gave her the same problem you are having. if its not to late id take a look at what they have to offer.]

Spatech - thanks for the response...we chose these brands because we were told the most reliable were; Sundance, D1, Jacuzzi and Hot Springs. Jacuzzi and Hot Springs were out of our price range ($9,000 is NOW our range, go figure!) We would definetly consider other brands but thought with these we were choosing the best with regard to utilities and overall service.

Spaguy33 - again, thanks for responding...yes there is a marquis dealer near us. We never even heard of their spas. I'm assuming since you own one that they are reliable. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definetly look into them.

Our D1 dealer brought the Nautilus down to $9,000 with tax, the LFX package, our choice of color in a 2009 spa, delivery etc... Maybe I'm just jaded cause I loved the massage but does this seem like a good deal?? Thanks for ANY advice all!