Help With Sundance Sunsound

tobz

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I recently purchased an used '05 Altimar. I had it moved to the house and an electrician wired up a new subpanel. Everything worked great the first day. No leaks and all jets, stereo, and lights all seemed in good shape after the move.

Night number two after a few adult beverages I cranked up the stereo a bit and one of the speakers began to break up. Thought maybe I had pushed the speaker too much. It was loud but definitely not maxed out. A couple nights later that speaker didn't come on at all and the second one began breaking up. The next night, fired up the stereo and everything sounded great - both speakers were loud and clear - for about five minutes, then both speakers cut out completely. I turned off the stereo and finished the soak. The next time pushed the power button on the head unit - nothing. Wouldn't power up at all. Checked the manual and tried the reset option with the power off. Nothing. Pulled the panel and checked the fuses on the back of the stereo with a multimeter. Continuity checked out. I'm stumped. The main board is a bit daunting and I'm definitely no electrical engineer.

Any professionals out there run across similar behavior or have any suggestions on something else I could check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I recently purchased an used '05 Altimar. I had it moved to the house and an electrician wired up a new subpanel. Everything worked great the first day. No leaks and all jets, stereo, and lights all seemed in good shape after the move.

Night number two after a few adult beverages I cranked up the stereo a bit and one of the speakers began to break up. Thought maybe I had pushed the speaker too much. It was loud but definitely not maxed out. A couple nights later that speaker didn't come on at all and the second one began breaking up. The next night, fired up the stereo and everything sounded great - both speakers were loud and clear - for about five minutes, then both speakers cut out completely. I turned off the stereo and finished the soak. The next time pushed the power button on the head unit - nothing. Wouldn't power up at all. Checked the manual and tried the reset option with the power off. Nothing. Pulled the panel and checked the fuses on the back of the stereo with a multimeter. Continuity checked out. I'm stumped. The main board is a bit daunting and I'm definitely no electrical engineer.

Any professionals out there run across similar behavior or have any suggestions on something else I could check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

First check the power supply to the stereo for 12 volts.

Thanks for the suggestion. I feel like an idiot - didn't even think if that.

I'm definitely not an electrician but I disconnected the harness plug and tested with a multimeter and it doesn't seem to be getting power. I shut off the breaker and tested all the fuses on the board and tested good.

The stereo power appears to run behind the pump to a power supply brick mounted on the floor of the tub. I suppose the the next step is to determine whether the main board is sending power to that brick? I looked at the wiring diagram in the manual and tried to determine where power was coming off the main board. Didn't have much luck. Not sure I'm comfortable testing voltage on a board with 220v running to it!

An electrician buddy came by today and I think we narrowed it down to the power supply. We had 220v at the posts on the main board and zilch coming out of the power supply. We could see a fuse but the unit seems to be designed to prevent dis-assembly.

Any suggestions on a good source for a new power supply? Called me local dealer and they seemed a bit steep. The power supply looked brand new once we took the cover off. I'm wondering if there is anything I should check that could have caused the power supply to fail.