Is The Intelliflo Pump I Received A Used One?

tsoheq

Hi,

I ordered and received an Intelliflo VF pump and when I opened it, I found (the unit is 3 months since manufacture):

1. water droplets on the inside of the strainer cover, and some on the body as well. The sales/guy said that this is due to pressure testing at the factory. Box is soft due to the water.

2. There are black marks on the bottom of the base which seems to suggest that they have been installed before.

3. There were two user guides inside. One at the bottom of the box, another in a plastic bag that is slipped at the side. The bottom one is brand new, but the other one had dog ears. I found a swimming brochure (not from Pentair) inside the new manual.

However, I found that the wires are clean.

There are some pictures at: http://leekk.freeshell.org/Intelliflo.

Thanks

Do you think it is a used unit?

Any pool techs that have installed them seen anything like this?

To their credit they are nice and reply very fast to my concerns, offering me one of three choices:

1. a full credit and return

2. a free exchange, but the next one they will not pay for shipping, and

3. $50 off.

thanks a lot for any opinions and advice. I want to make a decision asap as my current pump has died out.

Can you post a pic of the ends of the power wires? The ends should be tinned. And what does the treaded connections look like. It looks like it may have been sitting on a shelf in a pool store (display). I know they run each pump with water at the factory (I've seen it). If the wires don't look like they have been wire nutted, and the threads are clean, theres not much proof that its been installed. The guy may have put the pump in a box then it got rained on. Register the pump yourself with pentair and get the full warr. The motor and drives on those have been bullet proof.

Note: If those treads have anything in them, Take the pump back.

Shipping can be brutal also for some of these pumps

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

That's concrete dust on the end of the shaft (dropped)

Not enough foam packing...