Used Sundance Optima Or New Sundance Hamilton

camille

I have wet tested the HS Vanguard and the Sundance Hamilton (only two dealers in my area) and, for the price and the comfort, I prefer the Hamilton. However, I just found a 2006 Sundance Optima on Craigslist. Listed below are the prices of each:

HS Vanguard (floor model basic)- 7850

Sundance Hamilton (floor model basic- no ozonator)- 7200. I believe I will be able to get the price down and/or have them install an ozonator. They are asking 7850 for the Hamilton new and I still believe there might be room for negotiation.

Craiglslist Sundance Optima- 3999 but would still negotiate price. I actually just found the listing so I don't know what other options are included. It does appear to have the steps and cover but not sure about the cover lifter or ozonator (which I would prefer) and the sunscents air injector (which I also liked).

If it would not be too much trouble to offer any suggestions....

Thank you.

I have wet tested the HS Vanguard and the Sundance Hamilton (only two dealers in my area) and, for the price and the comfort, I prefer the Hamilton. However, I just found a 2006 Sundance Optima on Craigslist. Listed below are the prices of each:

HS Vanguard (floor model basic)- 7850

Sundance Hamilton (floor model basic- no ozonator)- 7200. I believe I will be able to get the price down and/or have them install an ozonator. They are asking 7850 for the Hamilton new and I still believe there might be room for negotiation.

Craiglslist Sundance Optima- 3999 but would still negotiate price. I actually just found the listing so I don't know what other options are included. It does appear to have the steps and cover but not sure about the cover lifter or ozonator (which I would prefer) and the sunscents air injector (which I also liked).

If it would not be too much trouble to offer any suggestions....

Thank you.

As far as the used Optima goes, you'd have to know the age of it or get the serial number and post it here so someone could tell you what year it is to see if its worth it.

Used spa prices vary GREATLY. Sometimes you get a great deal and other times people are just trying to get more than its worth. If its 2 yrs old that price may be fine. If its 3+ yrs old I'd question $4k for it (no warranty transfer when spas trade hands BTW). Also, I would NEVER buy a used spa unless I could see filled with water, equipment compartment open, dry around it and be able to see it operate now matter what reason they may say as to why it is drained and unavailable to see.

Thank you for your suggestions. I do realize that I am taking a risk when purchasing used and prefer to buy new- which is what I will probably resolve to do. I just don't know enough about spas to feel comfortable checking components, etc.

So I would also like to know what people might think of the Sundance Hamilton. I wet tested and really like the lounger and the room. Any opinion?

Thanks

Thank you for your suggestions. I do realize that I am taking a risk when purchasing used and prefer to buy new- which is what I will probably resolve to do. I just don't know enough about spas to feel comfortable checking components, etc.

So I would also like to know what people might think of the Sundance Hamilton. I wet tested and really like the lounger and the room. Any opinion?

Thanks

Hello Camille

Im a Sundance retailer in ohio. Sundance makes a great tub. Those prices arent to out of line on that spa. 2008 model I retailed it cash price for $7000. See if they will throw in a ozinator and try to negotiate a better price. In any event, if you liked the way it feels

then buy it. Im sure you'll love it and again its a great spa.

good luck

Thanks

Hello Camille

Im a Sundance retailer in ohio. Sundance makes a great tub. Those prices arent to out of line on that spa. 2008 model I retailed it cash price for $7000. See if they will throw in a ozinator and try to negotiate a better price. In any event, if you liked the way it feels

good luck

Thank you! I was going to ask if they can throw in the ozinator. I have some time so I will see how things go. I am not in a hurry as this project has grown exponentially: new patio, seating wall, electrical, shower... Originally I was only thinking, "hot tub- yay!" and now we have to re-design the whole backyard. Another reason we can't spend much more than 7K on the hot tub.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Hello Camille

good luck

Hi there!

I am in Lubbock, TX and was just quoted $12775 for the Sundance Hamilton. Upgrades/additional options are stainless steel jets, SunPurity, SunZone, 2 LED exterior lights and faux stone steps. They gave me a "deal" by throwing in the cover lift for free. After reading some of the other posts, this seems awfully high.