Getting Sick When Using Spa

Edward14

Bought used 4 months ago, it's 14 year old Dimension One, change the water every 90 days, shock every week, chemicals always good (bromine based).

I usually soak 2x's a week, just up to my waist. Whenever I go up to my neck (10 minutes) I have gotten a cold/cough the next day. My 17 year old daughter, the same thing. Both of us have gotten sick 2x's in the the last 4 months. Each time after the sickness neither one of us used it for 2-3 weeks until the sickness passed.

Any ideas? Coincidence??

It doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. I'd guess it's the tub causing your sickness. Because the tub is used, you have no way to know how well it was maintained in the past. There could be something actively growing in it, dispite your sanitation efforts. If it were me, I wouldn't take any chances and do a decontamination asap. You really have nothing to lose, and a nice clean tub to gain.

It doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. I'd guess it's the tub causing your sickness. Because the tub is used, you have no way to know how well it was maintained in the past. There could be something actively growing in it, dispite your sanitation efforts. If it were me, I wouldn't take any chances and do a decontamination asap. You really have nothing to lose, and a nice clean tub to gain.

I use and really like this product. It is natural and it really cleans the spa and plumbing. It is spa purge by Natural Chemistry

http://www.intheswim.com/Spa-and-Hot-Tub-S...cals/Spa-Purge/