What Have You Paid For Your Caldera Niagara?

andyj

I'm still in the decision process, but after wet testing many different brands, models, etc. my two favorites are still the Arctic Summit LE and the Caldera Niagara. Initially I was leaning toward the Arctic (my #1 choice for comfort), but price seemed high for a refurbished one, warranty was only a year, and there was a $95 fee for any time they might have to come out. Caldera has a great warranty (10yr no leak shell, 7yr shell surface, 5yr no leak plumbing, 5yr component, 5yr heater, 3yr cabinet) and my understanding is they give you the same warranty if it's new, refurbished, or whatever.

I'm told there is a 2006 floor model (without the spa frog) for $8500 plus tax (includes cover, lift, steps, delivery). If I want a 2008 floor model with the spa frog it's $9500 plus tax. Not sure what they are charging for a new 2009 . . . . I think it's in the 12's? What do you think of these prices?? I've also asked if there are any factory blemish models available but haven't heard back yet . . . . anyone ever get one of those and/or would you consider it?

Thanks!

I'm still in the decision process, but after wet testing many different brands, models, etc. my two favorites are still the Arctic Summit LE and the Caldera Niagara. Initially I was leaning toward the Arctic (my #1 choice for comfort), but price seemed high for a refurbished one, warranty was only a year, and there was a $95 fee for any time they might have to come out. Caldera has a great warranty (10yr no leak shell, 7yr shell surface, 5yr no leak plumbing, 5yr component, 5yr heater, 3yr cabinet) and my understanding is they give you the same warranty if it's new, refurbished, or whatever.

I'm told there is a 2006 floor model (without the spa frog) for $8500 plus tax (includes cover, lift, steps, delivery). If I want a 2008 floor model with the spa frog it's $9500 plus tax. Not sure what they are charging for a new 2009 . . . . I think it's in the 12's? What do you think of these prices?? I've also asked if there are any factory blemish models available but haven't heard back yet . . . . anyone ever get one of those and/or would you consider it?

Thanks!

Caldera warranty is only for a new purchase for private residental locations. It is not transferable if tub is resold and they do not warranty refurbs. I think you can do way better on price for the 2006 model. Its 3 years old. The dealer should giving it away by now.

Thanks!

I was quoted $8495 for a brand new 08 floor model so that price seems high.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I had been looking at Spa's for the last 5 or so months, we had it narrowd down to the 2009 Vanguard, 2008 Hawiaan and 2008 Niagara. We liked the Niagara the most but couldn't justify spending over 10k for it as the price they had on it was over 12k. Long story short, we ended up getting a brand new 2009 8.6k plus tax. So after taxes we paid 9,173 for cover, lifter, stairs, spa-frog crap, chemicals, and filter to fill it up. I feel really good about the price. We live in South Dakota and bought from Combined Pool and Spa. If you google Caldera, they come up at the top of the list every time. Awesome salesman treated us great and I feel really good about the price.

• 5 weeks later...
Andy - I assume you've checked prices at Rich's in Lynnwood. They have good prices on '07 and '08 Calderas.

Yes, thanks! That's where I've been getting the prices quoted above.

I just bought an '08 Martinique from Phil there at Rich's. Good guy, and I think I'll get good service if the need arises. Delivery next week.