Hl Code On An Arctic Spa

CJHusky

I've had a Summit Spa for about 3 months now. The spa has been great w/o any problems to speak of....until the middle of last week.

I went out to get in the spa last Wednesday and the spa temp was about 75 degrees and there was a code "HL" flashing on the control display. The breaker had not been tripped.

I did some reading and found out this is an override for the heater, in the event it hits 125 degrees, I believe (at least that was the one reference I saw on the web). They suggested rebooting the spa by power cycling the GFCI breaker, which I did (off for 30 seconds and then back on). The spa came back on and heated back up to 102 degrees where I have it set. All good.

Well, this weekend (Sunday AM), the problem repeated itself... flashing "HL" and the spa temp was at 81 degrees. Reboot again and as of now (Monday evening) all is well again. The problem has only occurred twice, but both within a week of each other.

Is this a problem other have seen with Arctic Spas?What would/could be causing this?

As always, thanks in advance,

Chris

several possible causes. you have owned it for 3 months have you cleaned your filters yet? reset without filter soak and clean filter . is there a blockage anywhere in the system blocking water flow? closed trap. from there you are into faulty temp probes or spa pack call for warranty service. 95% dirty filters

hey Chris did you buy your spa new or used? if new call your dealer and have them educate you on spa maintanance. should have been part of delivery and set up

filters will generally last up to 2 years depending on bather load i would recomend buying a second set of filters so you can rotate filters. filters should be cleaned once a week using the pressure from a garden hose. open the pleats with your thumb to remove all the nasties between them. they should also soak in a filter wash solution periodically for a deep cleaning.

if you bought used many independent spa service techs offer weekly, monthly, tri monthly maintenance programs. you may want to have a tech come out and educate you on how to maintain water chemistry and proper cleaning techniques. also you should read any manuals you recieved with the spa.

you are now at the 3 month mark it's time to change out your water, clean shell, cover and if needed jet and plumbing internals. there are products available that you can use prior to draining spa. pour in and run spa without filters for an hour or two to clean out jet and plumbing internals. drain, rinse and refill. use a protectant on cover after cleaning.

a clean spa is a happy and inviting spa. enjoy

Hey Chris, I have a Summit as well and the filters are disposable and they last between 2 to 3 months depending on usage of the tub. You should call the service dept. and get it looked at because I doubt that the filter is causing the issue.

Take care,

Pete

• 4 years later...