Algae?

muliebuck

HELP!!! I have a spa approx. 3 years old, I have tried everything!!! The water turns yellow (slightly brown), and cloudy after I add chlorine. A thick yellow slimmy ring forms along the waterline, you can't see through the water to the bottom of the tub, when I shock it it seems to thicken the particals in the water and turns even darker yellow/brown. I used every cleaner known to man when flushing the pipes, i notice that only the sections of pipes clean off where the water is pressured against it ( outside corners, bottom, egtc.) the sides and top of my pipes are coated with a yellowish greasey film. I don't know how it got here?? We only use the tub, always clean and rinse our short before entery, the tub was off all summer and i was wondering if maybe I ended up with some crazy algae or fungas that is now spread throughout the pipes?? I think something is seriously wrong because it has never done this before!! I added chlorine to a glass of water (same water i used for the tub) and it did not change colour, so, I think I have a serious problem!!! Please can anyone help me in the right direction!!! I don't know what to do??

What type of sanitizer were you using?

You said the tub was off all summer. Did you have water in it???

You need to decontaminate your tub. Here are the steps.

1. Use a product called Swirl Away. It's an enzime that will clean your pipes. Let it sit for 24 hours.

2. Drain, and clean the walls with some leftover Swirl Away.

3. Refill with clean water.

4. Add One Half Gallon of Bleach per 350 Gallon tub.

5. Turn all the jets and air on and run for 30 mins.

6. Use that supershocked water to clean ALL surfaces of your spa, including the cover.

7. Drain spa, and refill with clean water.

8. Follow THIS procedure to Balance and Sanitize your water.