Cost Of Wiring

tykeith

I would try craigslist. I am in the process of buying a new hottub and checked the yellow pages and called a couple places and also checked craigs list and found an electrician that gave me a great quote. He is a licensed electrician that does side work.

The spa dealer should have a recomendation also.

The craigslist guy was the best quote and he quoted me around $300 but that includes running the 220 line from the breaker box (which is a very short run since it's high up on my basement wall and on the same wall as my patio and to hard wire it 5 feet away

This guy is employed as an electrician full time but does "side jobs". He works for a private comapny but makes under the table money doing this. He charges less than a contractor woould charge me since he doesn't have any overhead.

I'm not sure an electrician, doing electrical work falls into the category of "side work"?

OK, it sucks to have to pay someone full price, but at least you can have piece of mind that insurance will cover you if the house burns down or your neighbor is electrocuted.

I went with someone recommended by my dealer, not the cheapest; but they worked together and he understood the bonding issue that was raised in another post.