Aqua Rite Chlorinator Problem

j_dog

I have a Nature Soft (goldline) setup that is not working. I had the cell (turbo t-15) tested and they said it is working. I had the water tested and the Salt is 3200.

The generating light is flashing. the low salt light is on & the inspect cell light is on.

The readings are :

Salt 1700

Temp 6

cell Volt 32.2

cell current 0.00

desired output 43p

instant sal -0

ver. 1.06

I spoke with Goldline. They said the cell is bad because the temp reads 6. They claim the store cant check if the cell reads the temp correctly.

I was thinking the problem was the Main PC Board.

Any thoughts ??

for starters, you need to get to the screen where the temperature is. when you get there, move the toggle switch from auto up to superchlorinate and back down to auto. That will change the temp from celsuius into fahrenheit. I think you are reading the temperature in metric. Then you can post back here. If your water is tooo cold, the unit will not work. All chlorine generators have lower temperature limitations.

Paul

Whoa, H2O Bear, let's try to troubleshoot a minute first.

1. Take a water sample & have an independent test on your salt level. See if it matches the display. 400ppm variance can be normal.

2. The low salt & inspect cell lights will flash if the actual salt level is 2600 or below, will be on solid if actual salt level is 2400 or below.

3. Have you removed the cell & rinsed it or acid washed it per mfg. instructions? Cleaning the cell properly can save you hundreds of $$.

Before you buy anything, try these things first.

Whoa, H2O Bear, let's try to troubleshoot a minute first.

1. Take a water sample & have an independent test on your salt level. See if it matches the display. 400ppm variance can be normal.

2. The low salt & inspect cell lights will flash if the actual salt level is 2600 or below, will be on solid if actual salt level is 2400 or below.

3. Have you removed the cell & rinsed it or acid washed it per mfg. instructions? Cleaning the cell properly can save you hundreds of $$.

Before you buy anything, try these things first.

The temp was reading 6, now it says 77. that should be close to correct. the pool store said the salt is 3200. I have cleaned the cell and had it tested, they said it works.

I explained this to a Goldline tech. He said because the temp was wrong...the cell is bad. Iwas thinking the pc board. I don't want to buy both if I don't have to.

How long have you had the system installed. Here in sunny AZ (due to very high calcium levels) the cells need to be replaced about 1.5 to 2 years. If the cell is bad, or need cleaning) the display will be off all over the place because it can't get proper readings. I think the pool store can tell you whether the cell will accept power, but not when/if the plates are bad. If you've followed the advice of j_dog, and it still isn't working, I'd look at getting a new cell first.

before you buy anything, post results back here. I am a warranty station for goldline and hayward in california.

now that you've got it out of metric output and back to standard, the water temp. issues can be eliminated. what you need to do is start at the initial screen read out and then hit the diagnostics button 5 times, until you get to the screen with the negative number, it may read something or it may be zero, but it will have a minus sign in front of it. then make sure the output is at 100 percent. after about 30 seconds you should hear a click, and then that number should go high and start to come down. when that number starts to hold steady for about 10 or so, make note of that number and post back herer. then you can start going thru the rest of the numbers and post them back here. you need to do this fairly quickly, have a notepad and pencil ready. then post back. you can also email me directly at aquatechpoolservice@earthlink.net if you like.

Paul

before you buy anything, post results back here. I am a warranty station for goldline and hayward in california.

now that you've got it out of metric output and back to standard, the water temp. issues can be eliminated. what you need to do is start at the initial screen read out and then hit the diagnostics button 5 times, until you get to the screen with the negative number, it may read something or it may be zero, but it will have a minus sign in front of it. then make sure the output is at 100 percent. after about 30 seconds you should hear a click, and then that number should go high and start to come down. when that number starts to hold steady for about 10 or so, make note of that number and post back herer. then you can start going thru the rest of the numbers and post them back here. you need to do this fairly quickly, have a notepad and pencil ready. then post back. you can also email me directly at aquatechpoolservice@earthlink.net if you like.

Paul

It wasn't set for metric. the temp is all over the place. I've seen between 6 to 121 . I did what you said,here is what I got. I did not hear a click. after 30 seconds it went right to 1700.

100p

A thermometer reads 74

The Nature Soft system was installed Aug. 2001. The cell was replaced May 2004.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

My pool is 10k gal and have goldline t-15 cell. I keep getting the low-salt and inspect cell led on. I clean the cell (acid bath) and took the water sample to leslie pool for testing. The salt level is aroung 4600. I drain my pool about 6''. I have 2 questions. 1) can the cell stop working because of the salt leve too hi? 2) can I use t-cell 3 (for 10k pool) with my controller? I don't know the exact age of the cell/controller. It was installed when I bought my house.

Thanks,

Ted