Pump Power Control Only From Main Power Switch

slnmxl

I have an 8yr-old in-ground pool controled by an Aqualink pool computer inside the house. Last week I noticed the pump running constantly outside of the normal programmed time. I tried to turn it off from the indoor panel, but no effect. I tried putting it in Service Mode from the control panel outside, but no effect. I flipped the main power switch and of course it turns off ok. So now I can only turn my pump on/off manually from that main power switch. The indoor control panel still shows the proper status info when the equipment is on (e.g., Pump On, or Freez Protect). Any ideas what I might do to troubleshoot and fix this problem? Thanks!

Sounds like a sticking relay. Is the light for the filter pump off on the outside control box while the pump is running? If so go out there put it in service mode and give the panel below the buttons a good solid knock or two, that will usually un-stick the relay although it will probably happen again and will need to be replaced in the future.

Sounds like a sticking relay. Is the light for the filter pump off on the outside control box while the pump is running? If so go out there put it in service mode and give the panel below the buttons a good solid knock or two, that will usually un-stick the relay although it will probably happen again and will need to be replaced in the future.

Thanks! Great advice. Called my wife at home and walked her through the highly-technical procedure and it worked! She was very impressed. A couple of good smacks and the relay came un-stuck. I then asked her to go over and give our burned-out furnace control panel a good whack (see other post in this group), but no luck ;).

Any idea how I can tell which of the 6 relays in that box is the one I need to change out? I don't have a manual for the wiring of the control box.

Thanks again!

I use the old fashioned way (do this only if you're comfortable doing it) I take the front cover off, put in service mode, then put your finger tip on the relay (somewhere plastic) then turn on the pump manually. You should be able to feel it turn on. Start with the upper left relay first, thats usually where the filter pump is wired to.

Or you can disconnect the red plug labeled filter just below the bezel then trace the red and black wire back to the relay. Some times the first way is faster.