Brand New Pump Burning?

hoosays

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me, I put a new aquaflo pump in my hot springs spa less than 3 months ago. I replaced a single speed pump with a 2 speed pump and just used the high side. Until now spa wasn't used much but last night I had the jets running for about an hour. Well the pump was boiling hot to the touch and smelled. What could be going on here? I am at a total loss and quite fed up with this spa at this point. the jets are blowing fine and everything else seems good, just the burning. i put this pump in myself, please help

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me, I put a new aquaflo pump in my hot springs spa less than 3 months ago. I replaced a single speed pump with a 2 speed pump and just used the high side. Until now spa wasn't used much but last night I had the jets running for about an hour. Well the pump was boiling hot to the touch and smelled. What could be going on here? I am at a total loss and quite fed up with this spa at this point. the jets are blowing fine and everything else seems good, just the burning. i put this pump in myself, please help

Some Hotsprings don't have enough air flow in the cabinet equipment bay to keep the pump cool. Did your old one have a duct coming off the back of the pump? You might need to make openings or louvers in the front panel

Some Hotsprings don't have enough air flow in the cabinet equipment bay to keep the pump cool. Did your old one have a duct coming off the back of the pump? You might need to make openings or louvers in the front panel

nope, the new pump is the same as the old one

What model spa do you have? What year? What is the serial #? Exactly what pump did you put in? You say you are fed up with the spa because a replacement pump seems to be not performing? Pump has a warranty? Maybe you should consult with the people you bought the pump from. Email AquaFlo.

Some Hotsprings don't have enough air flow in the cabinet equipment bay to keep the pump cool. Did your old one have a duct coming off the back of the pump? You might need to make openings o. r louvers in the front panel

What model spa do you have? What year? What is the serial #? Exactly what pump did you put in? You say you are fed up with the spa because a replacement pump seems to be not performing? Pump has a warranty? Maybe you should consult with the people you bought the pump from. Email AquaFlo.

I would have to find all that info. Could it be that I mistakenly hooked up to the low instead of high side? Would this be the symptom, I don't see what else could be the problem since there are only 3 wires and not really a whole lot of room for error.

Some Hotsprings don't have enough air flow in the cabinet equipment bay to keep the pump cool. Did your old one have a duct coming off the back of the pump? You might need to make openings o. r louvers in the front panel

I would have to find all that info. Could it be that I mistakenly hooked up to the low instead of high side? Would this be the symptom, I don't see what else could be the problem since there are only 3 wires and not really a whole lot of room for error.

Model and year are important as someone already asked.

Is the new pump 220volt or 220/110volt convertible?

My guess is that you are trying to run a 220 volt motor on a 110 volt tub. Just a guess at this point though.