Hot Springs Jets Falling Apart

divingfiji

I have a 1 yr old Hot Springs Envoy which I love. Only problem is the jets keep popping loose and ending up floating in the tub. In particular is the pulsating jets that rotate with small ballbearings in them. The ballbearings have fallen out twice on these jets, then the plastic insert of the jet comes out. It first happened shortly after I bought the tub. The dealer gave me a warranty replacement jet that I easily popped in place. Now a year later, it happened again. Other types of jets on the tub have also come loose. Any clues out there what could be wrong. Seems like it should be an easy fix... As a side note, I rarely if ever adjust the flow direction of the individual jets, so I don't think I could be doing anything wrong.

I have a 1 yr old Hot Springs Envoy which I love. Only problem is the jets keep popping loose and ending up floating in the tub. In particular is the pulsating jets that rotate with small ballbearings in them. The ballbearings have fallen out twice on these jets, then the plastic insert of the jet comes out. It first happened shortly after I bought the tub. The dealer gave me a warranty replacement jet that I easily popped in place. Now a year later, it happened again. Other types of jets on the tub have also come loose. Any clues out there what could be wrong. Seems like it should be an easy fix... As a side note, I rarely if ever adjust the flow direction of the individual jets, so I don't think I could be doing anything wrong.

Don't know what version you have, but the jets have been improved. They are covered by warranty for 5 years. You should contact your dealer.

Don't know what version you have, but the jets have been improved. They are covered by warranty for 5 years. You should contact your dealer.

I replaced several of the rotating jets on my HS Sovereign when I purchased it used a few months ago. Several of the old jets had fallen apart. I ordered new ones and noticed that the new ones have been re-designed to be more durable. I haven't had any problems so far with the new ones. The entire jet scres in where the old ones had a housing that screwed in and the jet assembly snapped into it.

I have the Envoy which was purchased brand new in December, 2007. The dealer already gave me one replacement jet under warranty about a year ago when the first jet fell out. I guess I'll take this newest defect in for a replacement as well. Just kind of embarrassing when you have visitors in your "fantastic new tub" and things start falling apart while you're in it. :rolleyes: Thanks for the info, and reminder on the length of warranty. :P

I have the Envoy which was purchased brand new in December, 2007. The dealer already gave me one replacement jet under warranty about a year ago when the first jet fell out. I guess I'll take this newest defect in for a replacement as well. Just kind of embarrassing when you have visitors in your "fantastic new tub" and things start falling apart while you're in it. :rolleyes: Thanks for the info, and reminder on the length of warranty. :P

We (HS dealers) are embarrassed too.