Poor Mans Towel Warmer

fms

55 gallon Rubbermaid tub

1500 watt ceremic heater

wooden grate

Styrofoam

I took the tub whick has a indentation about 4" from the top and placed a wooden grid on the shelf. The tub also had tabs in the bottom which I wedged the styrofoam around the tub. This also helped hold up the grate. I placed the heater in the bottom and towels and robes on the grate. After about 20 minutes in the tub the towels and robes are nice and toasty.

This actually really works.

55 gallon Rubbermaid tub

1500 watt ceremic heater

wooden grate

Styrofoam

I took the tub whick has a indentation about 4" from the top and placed a wooden grid on the shelf. The tub also had tabs in the bottom which I wedged the styrofoam around the tub. This also helped hold up the grate. I placed the heater in the bottom and towels and robes on the grate. After about 20 minutes in the tub the towels and robes are nice and toasty.

fms, how about posting a pic? I'm intrigued!

Man, I'm so hot when I get out that I never notice that my towel has gotten cold. It was 15 degrees today when I got out, and the "cold" towel was unnoticeable. Most people don't realize how warm a tub makes you, so for those new to hottubbing who are planning on installing something like this before they really start to use their tub, I'd recommend waiting before worrying about it.

But a cool idea for those who need one.

Man, I'm so hot when I get out that I never notice that my towel has gotten cold. It was 15 degrees today when I got out, and the "cold" towel was unnoticeable. Most people don't realize how warm a tub makes you, so for those new to hottubbing who are planning on installing something like this before they really start to use their tub, I'd recommend waiting before worrying about it.

I just use the robe in the dryer and into the insulated ice chest. It works great.

I sort of agree. Personally I use the tub every day & haven't been cold getting out down to 3degrees F. [getting some below zero nights this week & I'm wondering where the 'get cold' point might be]

But my wife uses the tub rarely and is more likely to join me if there is a promise of a warm towel waiting for her.

If I was a single guy hoping to coax a friend to join me I'd already have the heated closet ready to allay all fears. ;)

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I sort of agree. Personally I use the tub every day & haven't been cold getting out down to 3degrees F. [getting some below zero nights this week & I'm wondering where the 'get cold' point might be]

But my wife uses the tub rarely and is more likely to join me if there is a promise of a warm towel waiting for her.

If I was a single guy hoping to coax a friend to join me I'd already have the heated closet ready to allay all fears. ;)

Jim

I have been using this towel warmer for a couple of weeks now and even though I am plenty warm when I get out of the hot tub it sure feels great to use a warm towel and put on a warm robe.

I wasn't sure how to add a photo to this message so I attached this link from my flickr site.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3342/322307...b787def53_b.jpg

If the link doesn't work my address is www.flickr.com/photos/fms5000/

Jim

I think it looks great Jim!

Something for me to put on my husbands Honey-Do-List.

Angie :rolleyes:

55 gallon Rubbermaid tub

1500 watt ceremic heater

wooden grate

Styrofoam

How much did it cost for all the supplies?

I think it looks great Jim!

Something for me to put on my husbands Honey-Do-List.

Angie :rolleyes:

Credit where it's due-- that one belongs to fms

fms said;

"I wasn't sure how to add a photo to this message so I attached this link from my flickr site.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3342/322307...b787def53_b.jpg "

Mine is delayed due to a car being parked in my workshop for the winter.<g>

I might grab a tub and throw my parts in it, though. Makes more sense than waiting until spring to make a towel warmer. Thanks for the pic, fms.

Jim

55 gallon Rubbermaid tub

1500 watt ceremic heater

wooden grate

Styrofoam

Rubbermaid tub= $23.00 from Home Depot

Heater= Bought over 10 years ago. Can probably be purchased from Wallyworld for around $25.00

Styro= Scrap

Wood= Scrap

55 gallon Rubbermaid tub

1500 watt ceremic heater

wooden grate

Styrofoam

Rubbermaid tub= $23.00 from Home Depot

Heater= Bought over 10 years ago. Can probably be purchased from Wallyworld for around $25.00

Styro= Scrap

Wood= Scrap

Good Deal!