So What Mode Do I Use?

Soonerdal

When I am not in the tub? Economy or standard? I had it on economy and it was keeping the temp at 99-100 but the dealer said to just leave it on standard. It seems like if economy keeps it that warm, I could just put it on standard and 101 a few minutes before I get in and that would be cheaper in the long run? It is powered by a 220.

When I am not in the tub? Economy or standard? I had it on economy and it was keeping the temp at 99-100 but the dealer said to just leave it on standard. It seems like if economy keeps it that warm, I could just put it on standard and 101 a few minutes before I get in and that would be cheaper in the long run? It is powered by a 220.

Theres probably less than a dollar per month difference between the 2 if your only getting a couple degrees heat loss between. Leave it at the set temp, splurge, you work hard and deserve the break.

Theres probably less than a dollar per month difference between the 2 if your only getting a couple degrees heat loss between. Leave it at the set temp, splurge, you work hard and deserve the break.

Thanks! That makes sense.

I'm not a fan of the economy mode when it results in the temp dropping due to poor insualtion and/or a very cold climate as we see when people report it dropping to 90 degrees at before a new filter cycle starts. If your spa is holding to 99 degrees then that's different and I'd probably use it though in reality its not saving much (but I'm a miser and any savings are good savings as long as it isn't too inconvenient and this doesn't seem to be).

I'm not a fan of the economy mode when it results in the temp dropping due to poor insualtion and/or a very cold climate as we see when people report it dropping to 90 degrees at before a new filter cycle starts. If your spa is holding to 99 degrees then that's different and I'd probably use it though in reality its not saving much (but I'm a miser and any savings are good savings as long as it isn't too inconvenient and this doesn't seem to be).

Thanks! I'll probably switch it back to economy mode then

I leave my Sundance Spa in the economy mode and it only runs the heater a half an hour twice a day when it does it's cleaning cycle. I have found that I like taking a spa everyday when I get home from work so I set my cleaning cycle to come on a half an hour before I get home so it's always at the temperature I want when I get in. If I decide to take a spa at another time I just put it back in the normal setting so the heater comes on and then change it back when I'm through.

When I mounted my cover I made sure I put the locks about an inch below where they suggested and my cover fits very tight to the tub and doesn't lose that much heat. If I open my tub between heating cycles it's only lost a few degrees from where I want it.

I don't know how much money I save doing this, but my PG&E bills can run $450 a month in the summer, so every little bit helps.

We've had our tub running since Oct and I just keep it set at 100F. The filter cycle is set to twice per day for 2hrs. It powers on and off throughout the day when the temp drops to 98 and runs about 30min (5.5kw heat). So far our power bill has not shown any dramatic increase. I just wonder if the meter is actually being read every month.

We've had our tub running since Oct and I just keep it set at 100F. The filter cycle is set to twice per day for 2hrs. It powers on and off throughout the day when the temp drops to 98 and runs about 30min (5.5kw heat). So far our power bill has not shown any dramatic increase. I just wonder if the meter is actually being read every month.

I know they are checking mine, I got a PG&E bill yesterday for $395, up from $304 the month before. And I have my spa set on the most economical setting it has.