Marquis Input, Euphoria/destiny..... What Else?

Matt87109

Now that I've looked at Sundance, Hot Springs, Beachcomber, and Caldera and have yet to wet test anything due to dealer inconvenience, I've discovered the Marquis dealer is more accommodating and closer to my price point (I think).

I'm going to wet test a Marquis Euphoria tonight. I am curious what the main differences between the Euphoria and Destiny are as they seem very similar. I called about a Destiny and the dealer said they had every tub except the Destiny. He told me he had a base Euphoria (2008) for 6k and the mid model is 7k (2008). Are those decent prices? I was expecting the price to be higher since I had read the Destiny is in the 9k range. I'm not sure what that includes but I'll know more in a few hours.

Anyway this dealer has been decent on the phone and when I asked about wet testing he said he would meet me any evening at his shop for a private meeting and wet testing of the Euphoria. The Euphoria is larger than I wanted as this will pretty much be just for me, but what I've read lately is that a bigger tub gives a single person more therapy options because one can move from seat to seat. He indicated with two days notice he will hook any tub he has up for me to try.

Any good or bad experiences with Marquis service? The dealer has not been around very long so I'm wondering how Marquis is to work with if I had to go that route.

Thanks for any inputs on price and the Euphoria. I think this guy may need to dump some 08 tubs but maybe that price is pretty standard.

Matt

The Euphoria is a great spa. The prices you were quoted on the Euphoria are very very good. The Euphoria is comparable to a lot of other $10,000 spas on the market. It is our #1 selling model at the store I work at.

The 2008 Destiny is in the 9k range because it has a more expensive control panel and comes standard with an in-home remote. The 2009 version of the Destiny does not have these features, and is less in price.

You can't go wrong with either one of these spas. Good luck in your search.

The Euphoria is a great spa. The prices you were quoted on the Euphoria are very very good. The Euphoria is comparable to a lot of other $10,000 spas on the market. It is our #1 selling model at the store I work at.

The 2008 Destiny is in the 9k range because it has a more expensive control panel and comes standard with an in-home remote. The 2009 version of the Destiny does not have these features, and is less in price.

You can't go wrong with either one of these spas. Good luck in your search.

Thanks for your response. This was my first wet test of a high-end spa. To be honest I was not impressed but I'm not sure what I was expecting. I've always been used to a single very powerful jet at a gym spa and that's about it. I felt like the Euphoria didn't have enough "force". From what I've been reading may my concept of what is good (really powerful jets) is really just what is irritating after a couple minutes? The euphoria was also a little big for me and my location.

I also tried a retreat but that was not for me either.

I take back any negative rhetoric I have spewed about dealers. This guy was nice, did not say "in the industry" once, didn't even try to oversell the quality of his spas.

I think he is hurting because it looks like he has a lot of his stuff pretty cheap and he mentioned his finance companies were getting really tight or cutting him off.... sucks.

Anyway he will hook up his other spas for me to try as well.

He has a 08 reward for 6k, 09 reward for 7k, a quest that he will upgrade to the 160gpm pump and sell for 5.2k, and a 08 or 09 (can't remember) promise for 6.5ish k. All of these prices include cover, lifter, steps, delivery, set up, chemicals.

Do any of those tubs/prices jump out at you in the last paragraph? Thanks for your response!

Thanks for your response. This was my first wet test of a high-end spa. To be honest I was not impressed but I'm not sure what I was expecting. I've always been used to a single very powerful jet at a gym spa and that's about it. I felt like the Euphoria didn't have enough "force". From what I've been reading may my concept of what is good (really powerful jets) is really just what is irritating after a couple minutes? The euphoria was also a little big for me and my location.

Matt, if there is any way you justify the higher pricepoint, the Epic (Marquis) likely will impress you with its hydrotherapy "force". My wife and I were very impressed after wet testing it compared with some other spas.

Thanks guys. I will try the reward and the promise if the dealer does not mind hooking them up. Larry.... the epic is just too big for my yard and budget but thanks for the post :unsure: So is the euphoria for that matter.

I went back to Beachcomber tonight and they had just put a 2009 360 model (dry) on the floor. To be honest I think I like that tub better than the remaining Marquis tubs based on dry tests. The 360 is pretty basic in appearance and features but I like the size, jet locations, and seats. The equipment compartment revealed that the BC360 has an abs pan that comes up higher than the siding, a balboa heater and control unit, one 3.5 hp pump and filter, and black abs lining hiding what they told me is full foam insulation.

In contrast the 2008 euphoria that I wet tested last night appears to be a 10k (that I can get for 6k) tub while the Beachcomber 360 is a "stripped down model" that is 5.5k

I'll be comparing the marquis reward and BC360 via wet test soon. The reward has trizone, 2 filters vs. 1, ozone, inline chemicals, water fall, and exterior lights that the BC360 does not have. Are any of these a must have? I'm thinking the BC will be just fine in comparison if I shut off the jets in the seats I'm not using (compare to trizone) if I need more power, skip the ozone or have it added if it really is the bomb, use frog floater, forget the water fall and exterior lights. Is this line of thinking sane? Also isn't a well made tub that lacks all the bells and whistles a good bet as far as longevity and minimal maintenance?..... no diverter valuves, no ozinator, no circ pump.... all that has be hooked up in electrical circuits and with water connections. I'm not saying those features are useless, rather if I really like the 360 as I suspect I may that it's ok not to have all the stuff.

http://www.marquisspas.com/spa_reward.asp

http://www.beachcomberhottubs.com/hot-tub-...-series/360.asp

If you're looking for a lot of power out of the jets, you're going to want to stick with a 2 pump system. Let us know how the wet tests go.

Will do. Apparently the jets can be shut off individually and it's not loaded with jets so I should be able to divert to the seats I want. I know that's a lame way to do it but it should work.