Leak In Foot Well Jet

pbj

I have a leak on my Ymir YD17 spa. Its leaking from one of the jets in the foot well near the volcano has any one got some pointers on how to fix it. It seems to be sucking into the jet then the bottom of the spa is all damp inside.

Thanks in advance

I have a leak on my Ymir YD17 spa. Its leaking from one of the jets in the foot well near the volcano has any one got some pointers on how to fix it. It seems to be sucking into the jet then the bottom of the spa is all damp inside.

Thanks in advance

Different spas are setup differently internally (especially on the underside) as far as insulation and such go. I'm not familiar with the Ymir brand at all. However, if the leak is under the shell you'll probably be forced to drain the spa, and either set it up on blocks or turn it onto it's side. Then you'll have to gain access to the underside of it and find the plumbing where the leak is.

Could be anything from a bad glue joint in the plumbing, to a cracked pipe. Hard to say until you get into the hot tub. If the spa is insulated on the under side, you may have to dig through and remove that insulating foam. If its not insulated, it should be a quick peak inside to find the bad joint or pipe.

Thanks in advance

Different spas are setup differently internally (especially on the underside) as far as insulation and such go. I'm not familiar with the Ymir brand at all. However, if the leak is under the shell you'll probably be forced to drain the spa, and either set it up on blocks or turn it onto it's side. Then you'll have to gain access to the underside of it and find the plumbing where the leak is.

Could be anything from a bad glue joint in the plumbing, to a cracked pipe. Hard to say until you get into the hot tub. If the spa is insulated on the under side, you may have to dig through and remove that insulating foam. If its not insulated, it should be a quick peak inside to find the bad joint or pipe.

Gotta luv working on a fullfoamed spa.......good luck and goodnight

Thanks in advance

I believe this is a NON foamed spa. It states thermal insulation.. I dont believe these are sold in the U.S., but I may be wrong. Is the OP in the U.S. or another country like China..

Special Features:

CE certificated hot tub

Made of lucite acrylicy

Waterfall and waterlevel LED light

Description:

1. Lucite Acrylic

Smooth beautiful finish with reinforced fiberglass that is extremely dense and non-porous making it difficult for stains and mildew to survive.

2. Digital Computer Control Panel

Control the functions of the whirlpool spa with just a touch of a button. This computer panel controls the heating, the digital readout of the current temperature of the water, the ozone sterilization function as well as the radio/CD player, the lighting and other functions.

3. Ozone Sterilization System

Its a self-cleaning system that uses ozone technology to Help keep your spa free of mold, bacteria buildup and pathogens that breed in warm moist conditions.

4. Water Management System w/ Cartridge Filter

Through the use of this filtration system the water in the tub will be maintained clean and protected against foreign debris.

5.Air Jets

Thousands of air bubbles are thrusted to the surface by the use of air pressure jets. These air pressure jets are strategically placed in a therapeutic configuration.

6. Hydro Pressure Massage Jets

Strategically positioned to target the pressure points throughout the body and give a most invigorating and relaxing massage. The Pressure of the jets can be adjusted from a soft massage to an intense pressure massage.

7.Shoulder Massage Jets

Specifically designed to target the shoulders and relieve the tension that most of us store in the shoulder and neck area.

8.Underwater light

Features underwater lighting that can create 7 therapeutic colors in the water. You can use color and light to balance energy wherever our bodies are lacking, be it physical, emotional, spiritual, or mental.

9. Waterfall

A Cascading waterfall into the hot tub spa not only is visually stunning but audibly relaxing.

10. Thermal Insulation

Very thick and designed to hold the heat in during the most extreme temperatures. Low maintenance and more energy efficient.

11. Wood Steps

Helps you climb in and out of your hot tub spa with easability.

12.Stainless Steel Jets

They do not rust and are adjustable to suit your needs. They are stainless steel on the outside and have chrome plated parts on the inside.

Model

YD-17

Brand Name

Ymir

Origin

China

Dimensions: 2250X2250X930mm

Massage pump: 2 sets of 1.5KW

Circulation pump: 1 set of 375W

Blower: 1 set of 1.1KW

Heater: 1 set of 3KW

Water jets: 56pcs

Bubble jets: 14pcs

Filter system: Cartridge filter

Model YD17

Brand Name YMIR

Origin Zhongshan

Minimum Order: 1pc

Thanks in advance

I believe this is a NON foamed spa. It states thermal insulation.. I dont believe these are sold in the U.S., but I may be wrong. Is the OP in the U.S. or another country like China..

Special Features:

CE certificated hot tub

Made of lucite acrylicy

Waterfall and waterlevel LED light

Description:

1. Lucite Acrylic

Smooth beautiful finish with reinforced fiberglass that is extremely dense and non-porous making it difficult for stains and mildew to survive.

2. Digital Computer Control Panel

Control the functions of the whirlpool spa with just a touch of a button. This computer panel controls the heating, the digital readout of the current temperature of the water, the ozone sterilization function as well as the radio/CD player, the lighting and other functions.

3. Ozone Sterilization System

Its a self-cleaning system that uses ozone technology to Help keep your spa free of mold, bacteria buildup and pathogens that breed in warm moist conditions.

4. Water Management System w/ Cartridge Filter

Through the use of this filtration system the water in the tub will be maintained clean and protected against foreign debris.

5.Air Jets

Thousands of air bubbles are thrusted to the surface by the use of air pressure jets. These air pressure jets are strategically placed in a therapeutic configuration.

6. Hydro Pressure Massage Jets

Strategically positioned to target the pressure points throughout the body and give a most invigorating and relaxing massage. The Pressure of the jets can be adjusted from a soft massage to an intense pressure massage.

7.Shoulder Massage Jets

Specifically designed to target the shoulders and relieve the tension that most of us store in the shoulder and neck area.

8.Underwater light

Features underwater lighting that can create 7 therapeutic colors in the water. You can use color and light to balance energy wherever our bodies are lacking, be it physical, emotional, spiritual, or mental.

9. Waterfall

A Cascading waterfall into the hot tub spa not only is visually stunning but audibly relaxing.

10. Thermal Insulation

Very thick and designed to hold the heat in during the most extreme temperatures. Low maintenance and more energy efficient.

11. Wood Steps

Helps you climb in and out of your hot tub spa with easability.

12.Stainless Steel Jets

They do not rust and are adjustable to suit your needs. They are stainless steel on the outside and have chrome plated parts on the inside.

Model

YD-17

Brand Name

Ymir

Origin

China

Dimensions: 2250X2250X930mm

Massage pump: 2 sets of 1.5KW

Circulation pump: 1 set of 375W

Blower: 1 set of 1.1KW

Heater: 1 set of 3KW

Water jets: 56pcs

Bubble jets: 14pcs

Filter system: Cartridge filter

Model YD17

Brand Name YMIR

Origin Zhongshan

Minimum Order: 1pc

Warranty???????

"They do not rust and are adjustable to suit your needs. They are stainless steel on the outside and have chrome plated parts on the inside"

That was one of my favorite lines in there description. They wont rust because they are stainless steel, well kinda, on the outside anyway. what could possibly be chrome plated metal on the inside of a jet? the ball bearings? or do you think they mean the back side of the stainless plate on the jets.. Would that not make the plate made out of 3 metals? a base metal plated with stainless on one side and chrome on the other?

Thanks in advance

Many of the chinese and/or lower end tubs we have seen have had issues with the volcano jet, and it has been the acrylic that is cracked by it. Check out the acrylic for hairline cracks around the volcano and if that is the case...good luck. We have see quite a few. Keys backyard had a slew of them.

Thanks for all your feedback it is much appreciated. I got the leak fixed it was easy after the spa guy came out some of the couplings must have come loose in transit and just needed to be hand tightened up. This is a china made spa that I managed to get at hugely discounted rate after they showed it at a ool and spa expo.

Thanks again :D