Onzen Gone Wild :)

Dust

So, my first post ever here was about an arctic spa onzen chlorine generator not producing enough chlorine. After setting the settings to the manufacturer suggested (albiet undocumented) settings, the thing is a chlorine monster. My wife and I only use our spa maybe once every couple of weeks, and even with the generator cycle turned all the way down to 0 (which should be off) our chlorine is still way over 10ppm, and our ph can climb from 7 to 8 in about 5 days from what I gather is essentially lye that the system creates to form its chlorine.

Does anyone know how to settle this beast down?

Also, does anyone know what the side effects of having such high levels (unmeasurable levels by my test strips at over 10ppm) for months at a time? Even if we hop into the tub for an hour, we almost never drop FC back below 10ppm, so I'm really worried how high it is :(

Having a new years party tomorrow.... THAT should bring my FC down a bit :) lol

Thanks all, and happy new years!

Dust

The only experience I have with this is what i've learned from my own spa. If anyone knows better, jump in here. If my Cl is that out of whack, I just dump it and start over. That would save most if not all your friendships with your guests. Nothing worse that getting into a spa that "Humms" of Cl. Generating that much Cl might mean your running too long (per day) or your'e keeping it cooler when not in use.

Dust

Could you provide us the following.

1. How many times do you and you wife soak in the tub in a week?

2. How much Arctic Refresh do you use after each soak etc.

3. The totel length of your daily filtration cycle

4.The model of the Arctic tub

5. and most import how many Parts Per Million of salt do you have in the water