Help Burnt Up Something

eaglescout1958

I MESSED UP I installed a new spa at my house, a pinnacle Venus model. every thing was going fine until I wired the GFI. I didn't realize I had the red load and neutral wire revered at the breaker. I flipped the breaker on and then back off. I rewired the breaker and now nothing the spa just sits there. My wife says I am so incompetent help I need to fix this any ideas? I see a couple of fuses on the control panel I hope that's all it is

I MESSED UP I installed a new spa at my house, a pinnacle Venus model. every thing was going fine until I wired the GFI. I didn't realize I had the red load and neutral wire revered at the breaker. I flipped the breaker on and then back off. I rewired the breaker and now nothing the spa just sits there. My wife says I am so incompetent help I need to fix this any ideas? I see a couple of fuses on the control panel I hope that's all it is

This is never good and I have seen various problems from it. 1st and most likely is your GFI is now toast. Next your SC-30 fuse is also toast. If it's a Balboa board you most likely ruined it. A lot of the time the Neutral will now have power on your board. I have seen this about a dozen times having been done by electricians. Good luck to you.

Hey, Eagle. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Honest mistake by the sounds of it, not to worry though you have a full warranty on your side. Please take a look at the PM I am working on, will see what we can do to get you squared away.

Alan Vasicek

Pinnacle Spas / Premium Leisure

Hey, Eagle. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Honest mistake by the sounds of it, not to worry though you have a full warranty on your side. Please take a look at the PM I am working on, will see what we can do to get you squared away.

Alan Vasicek

Steps up to the plate, takes a swing, and hits a homer!!! Great post Alan, and a great offer to take care of the customer when it was not the product at fault!!

Alan Vasicek

Steps up to the plate, takes a swing, and hits a homer!!! Great post Alan, and a great offer to take care of the customer when it was not the product at fault!!

I wish the customer would report back for verification.

Alan Vasicek

I wish the customer would report back for verification.

good news and thanks for the help alan. I looked carefully at the board and found a .3 fuse was burnt I am assuming this protects the topside controls. I found a replacement at radio shack and after installing the hot tub is working fine. By the way My wife needed a hotub. She is disabled with three discs fused in her neck being in constant pain hydrotherapy is the only relief she gets. She has saved up for a couple of years to afford this hotub I will say the venus by pinnacle is awesome. Lots of adjustable jets and features and the price was quite reasonable. I would at this point glady refer any body to purchase a pinnacle spa Ricard