Is Heater Working?

terrie

I just installed a 100,000 btu heater for a 21' X 4' round pool. I am not sure if the heater is working or not. when it lights i feel warm air from the vent but not after that. the heated does not seem to be warm to touch. it is not hot where warning labels indicate it might be Hot. I left it on for 12 hours a the temperature did not rise much at all. The pump is 55 gpm. Maybe to much for this heater. Any body familar with this setup. we is in Southern CA and i always have on a solar cover.

• 8 months later...

Unfortunely this is a tough question. My main question is why when you live in Southern Cal do you need a heater? Wouldn't a solar cover be sufficient if you even need that?

As far as no heat, does the water pass through the heater? Make sure the heater doesn't have a thermostat set to low and make sure there isn't a low setting. The heater you got could heat a pool twice that size fine.