Hot Springs Jetsetter J (j2d1279)

jerbear

Unit has been turned off for one year, the circuit breaker was turned on without any water in the spa. The pumps including the circulating pump works the lights work as well but the heater does not work. The unit is set for 102 degrees and is in the locked position. Is there anything tripped in the electrical controls or where do I start.

Unit has been turned off for one year, the circuit breaker was turned on without any water in the spa. The pumps including the circulating pump works the lights work as well but the heater does not work. The unit is set for 102 degrees and is in the locked position. Is there anything tripped in the electrical controls or where do I start.

If it has the original NoFault6000 heater it has a reset button on the top of the heater itself. There is a small square box on top of the heater. The button is under tape (if the tape is still there). Poke through the tape with a small screwdriver and push the red buttton down.

To get the lock off I believe you press both the temp up and down arrow at the same time for five seconds or so until the lock icon disappears.

Let me know if you have a different heater with stainless tubes. It could have been replaced with a few different ones over the years. One has a reset, the others don't.

If it has the original NoFault6000 heater it has a reset button on the top of the heater itself. There is a small square box on top of the heater. The button is under tape (if the tape is still there). Poke through the tape with a small screwdriver and push the red buttton down.

To get the lock off I believe you press both the temp up and down arrow at the same time for five seconds or so until the lock icon disappears.

Let me know if you have a different heater with stainless tubes. It could have been replaced with a few different ones over the years. One has a reset, the others don't.

The reset button was found and I reset it, the breaker tripped, the heater led light on the board went out, I turned power back on. I found out to unlock the heat temp. I held both plus marks one on the light and one on the temp and the temp setting was cleared. When I done this I heard water gurgling for 2 seconds I am hoping that something allowed water to enter the heater to activate it.

Thank you so much for the info on the reset button it was there just as you said right under the tape. I reset the heater and canceled out the temperature lock on the heater by holding down the plus arrow on the temp switch and the plus arrow on the light switch. I heard 1 to 2 seconds of water gurgling which indicated that water finally got inside the heater and then it began to heat the water.

Thanks again for sharing you saved me a service call.

The reset button was found and I reset it, the breaker tripped, the heater led light on the board went out, I turned power back on. I found out to unlock the heat temp. I held both plus marks one on the light and one on the temp and the temp setting was cleared. When I done this I heard water gurgling for 2 seconds I am hoping that something allowed water to enter the heater to activate it.