Heater Problem With Image Renew Model 628

Eddie

I got an Image Renew spa almost a month ago and the heater works fine sometimes then when we turn it down to save energy it shuts down. It displays an SL code on the panel and that by reading in other places means sensor left which is not an error code in my owners manual. Others say that my tub is in sleep mode. However the SL is not explained in the owners manual anywhere. Could someone please help i'm pulling my hair out with this tub?

I got an Image Renew spa almost a month ago and the heater works fine sometimes then when we turn it down to save energy it shuts down. It displays an SL code on the panel and that by reading in other places means sensor left which is not an error code in my owners manual. Others say that my tub is in sleep mode. However the SL is not explained in the owners manual anywhere. Could someone please help i'm pulling my hair out with this tub?

If it has a sleep mode, it will also have a standard mode "st" and economy mode "ec" In economy mode the display will will alternate between the temp and "ec". In the other modes it will not, it will just show the temp.

The modes

Standard- keeps the water temp at your set point 24/7

Economy- only heats during a filter cycle

Sleep- only filters water until temp drops 20 degrees within set ponit

http://www.balboa-instruments.com/page146.html

The link shows pictures of the topside controls.

Does your manual tell you how to change modes? It very easy to confuse the st and sl on the display because the "t" looks like a "L"

If it doesn't have a mode changing section in the manual let me know what topside you have and I can walk u thru it

Does the water temp drop below the lower setting you enter? Does the tub heat back up quickly to the desired usage temp?

As long as the tub heats when it is called for and does not drop below your lower setting you are fine and SL may mean “Sleep Mode”, unsure about that.

You’re probably better off leaving the tub up to temp unless you are away from it more than a week at a time and even then I would leave it at my use temp. Lowering and raising the temp uses more power than keeping a constant temp with a well insulated tub.