Cabinet Care

JKM

I just purchased a 2004 Hot Springs Sovereign. The synthetic redwood shell is in great shape but the cabinet needs a bit of a face-lift. I have heard that synthetic cabinets need to be re-stained every 4-5 years. I was considering the possibility of staining it to a darker color. Has anyone here had any experience with this?

-Joel

I just purchased a 2004 Hot Springs Sovereign. The synthetic redwood shell is in great shape but the cabinet needs a bit of a face-lift. I have heard that synthetic cabinets need to be re-stained every 4-5 years. I was considering the possibility of staining it to a darker color. Has anyone here had any experience with this?

-Joel

Yes, I did my Grandee. I used a Sherwin Williams paint that my dealer recommended. It is not a stain but a solid paint. It darkened it up a bit and it is more of a rust color. I can get the paint # if you would like. I painted it about 4 years ago and it stills looks great. I think it is very sharp.