Ever Heard Of "propure Mixing Chamber" On Artesian Spas?

joeboo

I'm looking at a floor model Artesian Antigua (Island series) at the local dealer. He says there's an optional feature on it called a "Mazzai Injector" (that's the way he spelled it), and that his cost on this feature is $500. He claims this feature significantly helps the performance of the ozonator. On the spa, there's a clear panel that displays this "mazzai injector". What it is is just a clear pipe that snakes up and down about 6 times, so it's a total of about 12 - 16 feet of snaking pipe that water runs through.

After looking around on the Artesian web site, all I can figure out that this thing is is what they call a "Propure mixing chamber", but they don't explain what it is, what it does, or how much it costs.

Does anyone know anything about this feature? $500 seems like alot for 16 feet of clear pipe.

A mazzie injector is what is used to draw ozone into a line off of the circ pump when the spa does not come plumbed with an ozone jet. then some maufactures use a mazzie mixing chamber and a coil of line or pipe for about 15 ft after it. the purpose of the chamber is to break up the ozone bubbles into finer ones increasing the surface area. and the coil is to give some time for the ozone gas to do its work before hitting the spa. I wouldn't be suprised if that line and chamber isn't already installed from artesian, Maybe someone with artesian expertise could tell you that. I personally wouldn't spend extra cash for it.

I'm looking at a floor model Artesian Antigua (Island series) at the local dealer. He says there's an optional feature on it called a "Mazzai Injector" (that's the way he spelled it), and that his cost on this feature is $500. He claims this feature significantly helps the performance of the ozonator. On the spa, there's a clear panel that displays this "mazzai injector". What it is is just a clear pipe that snakes up and down about 6 times, so it's a total of about 12 - 16 feet of snaking pipe that water runs through.

After looking around on the Artesian web site, all I can figure out that this thing is is what they call a "Propure mixing chamber", but they don't explain what it is, what it does, or how much it costs.

Does anyone know anything about this feature? $500 seems like alot for 16 feet of clear pipe.

Mazzei Injector Corporation makes injectors... will look like a small plastic tee:

http://www.mazzei.net/

http://www.mazzei.net/products/injector_info.htm

... probably either black or "sky blue". The injector will cost the manufacturer between $20 and $50 (depending).

The pipe keeps the bubbles in the presence of water for a little longer, and moving fast enough to stay sheared into small size. This allows for more ozone to be transferred into the water, meaning less ozone wasted into the air later. Some processes that consume ozone take time (like sterilization and oxidizing organics). For these processes, this contacting means is a marginally better one.

Clear PVC pipe fails pretty quickly when ozone is present. Either have them give you a "two year" warranty, or have them sell you boring white or gray piping for this feature. Should be cheaper, since clear PVC is pretty pricey.

For what it is worth, ozone contacting in municipal systems (even large pools) costs almost as much as the ozone generation equipment. :ph34r:

Thanks for the description. The entire tub (including the clear pipe) comes with a 5 year warranty.

Do you think this extra pipe is worth $500?

Extra pipe (tubing) and the ozone generator if it is a high end generator may be close to a 500 dollar option but that is a bit high for the injector and the tubing which should be about 100.

The ozonator itself is not optional -- it's standard whether I get this optional piping or not.

The $500 looks to be just for the extra tubing.

Well unless there's more to it than I know it is very high. Maybe a different class of O3 Gen?

Thanks for the description. The entire tub (including the clear pipe) comes with a 5 year warranty.

Do you think this extra pipe is worth $500?

Not in clear pipe, no. It will cease to be clear pipe over a year or two, and start leaking shortly thereafter. Could you make your own out of regular PVC? You will get marginally more mass transfer, depending on what chemcials are being attacked by ozone. As someone said, you could make it yourself for $100 or less.

The eductor is a good step, I used to work (indirectly) for Mazzei. They are the eductor most copied by the Chinese, and used in bottled water and municipal ozone applications.