Bromine Or Dichlor With "peak" Ozone From Arctic?

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on my spa. I purchased an Arctic Summit Ultra, along with the Peak Ozone option. My question for you is this - after reading all the threads of the benefits of Dichlor over Bromine, I had my heart set on using Dichlor - "The Vermonter Method". But I have also read that Ozone works better in conjunction with Bromine, not Dichlor. Thoughts / comments? Keep in mind that the Peak Ozone option from Arctic is the "super output" ozonator. Does that make a difference in the Dichlor / Bromine argument?

If I do need to use Bromine, any idea how much more yearly chemical cost would be over Dichlor? Also, what other pros/cons are there with Bromine over Dichlor?

Thanx for your input! The weather here in Minnesota is cooling down fast and I can't wait for my Summit to arrive!

Steven

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on my spa. I purchased an Arctic Summit Ultra, along with the Peak Ozone option. My question for you is this - after reading all the threads of the benefits of Dichlor over Bromine, I had my heart set on using Dichlor - "The Vermonter Method". But I have also read that Ozone works better in conjunction with Bromine, not Dichlor. Thoughts / comments? Keep in mind that the Peak Ozone option from Arctic is the "super output" ozonator. Does that make a difference in the Dichlor / Bromine argument?

If I do need to use Bromine, any idea how much more yearly chemical cost would be over Dichlor? Also, what other pros/cons are there with Bromine over Dichlor?

Thanx for your input! The weather here in Minnesota is cooling down fast and I can't wait for my Summit to arrive!

Steven

Regardless of how the Ozone is marketed you WILL need a primary sanitizer. Bromine or Dichlor is your choice. I prefer dichlor for 2 reasons, 1. It does not smell like chlorine in your tub when you are soaking because it dissapates quickly. 2. Your not feeding chemicals into the water constantly whether you need them or not, which is how a bromine feeder works.

You will learn, using dichlor, how much is required to keep your water clean (trial and error) ozone system or not. The key is to not panic and take a soak, add a little chlorine to kill off the nastys and test the next day before your soak to see where your level is. If it's not almost 0PPM add a little less, if it is 0PPM add a little more until you find the quantity that works for you based on your bather load and what you introduce (im not saying your dirty just everyone is different).. If you want to try bromine first get enough for 3-4 months so if you don't like it you can change to dichlor at your first water change. Relax and enjoy hot tubbing.

Test your source water now to see what you need to balance it. This will help you avoid purchasing all kinds of stuff you don't need.

Regardless of how the Ozone is marketed you WILL need a primary sanitizer. Bromine or Dichlor is your choice. I prefer dichlor for 2 reasons, 1. It does not smell like chlorine in your tub when you are soaking because it dissapates quickly. 2. Your not feeding chemicals into the water constantly whether you need them or not, which is how a bromine feeder works.

You will learn, using dichlor, how much is required to keep your water clean (trial and error) ozone system or not. The key is to not panic and take a soak, add a little chlorine to kill off the nastys and test the next day before your soak to see where your level is. If it's not almost 0PPM add a little less, if it is 0PPM add a little more until you find the quantity that works for you based on your bather load and what you introduce (im not saying your dirty just everyone is different).. If you want to try bromine first get enough for 3-4 months so if you don't like it you can change to dichlor at your first water change. Relax and enjoy hot tubbing.

Test your source water now to see what you need to balance it. This will help you avoid purchasing all kinds of stuff you don't need.

Roger, GREAT idea to test my water now! I will definitly do that. That is one thing I can work on before my spa arrives (besides building the mongo deck it is going to rest on).

Steven