Hot Spring Tri-x Filters

JKM

I just purchased 2004 Hot Springs Sovereign. I am looking at replacing the old filters with the new Tri-X filters. They say that they do not have to be cleaned as often and cleaning can be done in a dishwasher. Does anyone out there have any experience with these filters? Are they worth the extra cost?

I am sure your local Hot Springs dealer could help you out with parts and filter choice. I have just never got used to this idea of washing filters in my dishwasher. I have seen way to many filters over the years and know what goes into them. No matter what anyone tells me, there is no way I am putting my spa filters in my dishwater. Something about toe juice in with my wine glasses grosses me out.

I am sure you can drink out of a toilet also and be safe, but it just the point..

I just read from a seller on Ebay that the Tri-X filter will shorten the life of your circulation pump if you use the filters on it. He recommends only using the Tri-X filters on the jet pump and the conventional filters on the circulation pump. I am assuming that the Hot Springs Sovereign has 2 filters per pump.

I just read from a seller on Ebay that the Tri-X filter will shorten the life of your circulation pump if you use the filters on it. He recommends only using the Tri-X filters on the jet pump and the conventional filters on the circulation pump. I am assuming that the Hot Springs Sovereign has 2 filters per pump.

I'm not sure how that filter would be more of a problem for the circ pump? Anyway, yes, there are ALWAYS two filters per jet pump on a Hot Spring.

I'm not sure how that filter would be more of a problem for the circ pump? Anyway, yes, there are ALWAYS two filters per jet pump on a Hot Spring.

In a way I agree that they may be a problem... of course sellers on Ebay will say anything though.

When the Tri-X filters clog, chemically cleaning them doesn't always work, and you need new ones. I can't tell you how many times I have received calls about flashing power lights (and no heat) on HotSpring tubs and the owner said that the filters are fairly new and they just chemically cleaned them. I drive out to the house and sure enough it is the Tri-X filters that are clogged.

I think they may be alright if the tub gets minimal adult use, but I see continuous problems with Tri-X filters in tubs that I know have high usage.

I use the paper filters in my tub and prefer them over the Tri-X. They do a perfectly fine job of filtering and are a little more forgiving as far as allowing the circulation pump and heater to get enough water to function properly.