Moving Fron Truck To Back Yard

Pool Clown

Looking for some ideas on how to move portable spa. Looking for some possible home brew tools, tricks, or pitfalls. And what NOT to do.

I rolled my tub down the street & up into the backyard using 8' 2" PVC piping... I used 3 pieces. Just like rolling stones to build the pyramid's. Worked great and only needed 2 people for an 8x8 Cal Spa.

Good luck.

I moved mine into place with 6 people using "Forearm Forklift" straps, which can be bought at Home Depot or Canadian Tire. They worked pretty good, but were a little shorter than needed to work like they are supposed to. Unless you are on very hard ground and can use a cart, this is the only way to go.

Looking for some ideas on how to move portable spa. Looking for some possible home brew tools, tricks, or pitfalls. And what NOT to do.

The guys who moved mine, moved it on it's side on a sled made of 2" PVC conduit. The front of which bent up using 2" PVC 45 degree bends. The sides were connected together with PVC tees and pipe. It was about ten feet long, it looked easy to make. They used 1" PVC conduit for rollers like Chart Boy described.

Dave

Well, I got it in the back yard pretty much without a hitch. Only one sketchy part, My gate opening was EXACTLY the same dimension as the tub. Had to get it lined up perfect to go thru. I used the Egyptian method with four 3 foot pipes 2 1/2" Diam. worked real well. Hardest part was when we (me and one other) went to lay it down from a "on it's side" position. Wow, I didn't know I still had muscles there! Thought of the spa dolly but it was going to be too wide (That durn gate opening).

Thanks for the suggestions...

Do spas need to be transferred on a flatbed truck or can they be shipped on their side in a moving van? My local dealer for Hot Springs quoted me a price on moving it and putting in place for $350. The only thing that made me nervous was his disclaimer:

Dealer shall not be responsible for damage or discoloration to the pool walls due to neglect, unforseen chemical reaction, nor shall Dealer be responsible for damage to any part of the swimming pool or around said pool or any act of God, including earthquake, fire, ground swells, inundations and/or hillside motion,landslides or accidental cause or peril.

I asked if he was insured ad he said yes. But I'm afraid that he could damage my spa and I would have no recourse. Amy I reading this correct?

-Joel

Mine was a floor model and was delivered on it's bottom, and I moved it just like that.

Those are great ideas, RealDrew, Did you do that with the tub on its side? I must move mine on it's side to get in the back yard.

Do spas need to be transferred on a flatbed truck or can they be shipped on their side in a moving van? My local dealer for Hot Springs quoted me a price on moving it and putting in place for $350. The only thing that made me nervous was his disclaimer:

-Joel

They're typically delivered on a truck sitting flat and then put it upright on a dolly and pushed to the backyard but if you need to move it sitting upright I can't see an issue with that. Spas that are shipped oversees in containers go that way on a pallet sitting upright so they can get as many in the container as possible so if they sit like that for weeks on end and go across the world on a boat I thin you'll be fine. If you move it upright do so with teh equipment side down.

Well, I got it in the back yard pretty much without a hitch. Only one sketchy part, My gate opening was EXACTLY the same dimension as the tub. Had to get it lined up perfect to go thru. I used the Egyptian method with four 3 foot pipes 2 1/2" Diam. worked real well. Hardest part was when we (me and one other) went to lay it down from a "on it's side" position. Wow, I didn't know I still had muscles there! Thought of the spa dolly but it was going to be too wide (That durn gate opening).

Thanks for the suggestions...

Congrats on getting it moved, glad it worked out for you.

Enjoy your tub!

Dealer shall not be responsible for damage or discoloration to the pool walls due to neglect, unforseen chemical reaction, nor shall Dealer be responsible for damage to any part of the swimming pool or around said pool or any act of God, including earthquake, fire, ground swells, inundations and/or hillside motion,landslides or accidental cause or peril.

I asked if he was insured ad he said yes. But I'm afraid that he could damage my spa and I would have no recourse. Amy I reading this correct?

-Joel

What you wrote said nothing of transport or setup, so I think your'e OK