How To "test" A Used Hot Tub

utah

How would you go about "inspecting" a used hot tub? I think I understand the basics such as:

- Fill up with water and make sure jets/blowers are working

- Remove skirt and check for leaks

- Do I trust the seller or not

- How was the tub "winterized" if it has not been kept running

What would you add to this list? Any additional comments/insights?

What about transporting the tub. I have a 4x8 trailer. Can I slide the tub on its side and transport it or will that cause too much stress to the shell. A friend has a huge flatbed truck that I can borrow if it would be better.

I am basically looking at 5 year old tubs or newer and only the top 8-10 brands that are mentioned here....

Thanks

Doug

PS - do most dealers keep an inventory or used tubs -- why or why not?

How would you go about "inspecting" a used hot tub? I think I understand the basics such as:

What about transporting the tub. I have a 4x8 trailer. Can I slide the tub on its side and transport it or will that cause too much stress to the shell. A friend has a huge flatbed truck that I can borrow if it would be better.

I am basically looking at 5 year old tubs or newer and only the top 8-10 brands that are mentioned here....

Thanks

Doug

Most dealers deal in new tubs becase that is their business. Be careful if you're transporting an acrylic spa. It could delaminate. Transport it flat if you can. Only buy a used tub if you can go see it full of water, heated, running and can get in it.

Thanks

Doug

You may want to check with Roger, he seems to have quite a bit of experience with used tubs and know alot about them.