Looking For A Leak....dang Mice....

2001 Grandee

First of all, thanks to Dan the Spa Man for my heater help!!! Now I`ve noticed that my water level leaks down about 12 inches from the normal full line. (about the top of my jets). The water on the ground shows in the front right of the spa. I removed the front heater cover/panel and looked inside to find mouse or rat droppings on the right side floor. It looks like 1 or more may have found a way inside the right quarter panel between the tub and wood skirting.(and probably chewing a hole in one of the lines) Is there a way to remove the wood panels on the corners or sides???? I see nothing obvious like screws or latches and don`t want to tear anything up in haste. 2001 Grandee

First of all, thanks to Dan the Spa Man for my heater help!!! Now I`ve noticed that my water level leaks down about 12 inches from the normal full line. (about the top of my jets). The water on the ground shows in the front right of the spa. I removed the front heater cover/panel and looked inside to find mouse or rat droppings on the right side floor. It looks like 1 or more may have found a way inside the right quarter panel between the tub and wood skirting.(and probably chewing a hole in one of the lines) Is there a way to remove the wood panels on the corners or sides???? I see nothing obvious like screws or latches and don`t want to tear anything up in haste. 2001 Grandee

A couple possibilities of the top of my head...

1. If you have not had the air-intake valve replaced with a Hartford Loop, that is most likely your problem. The old intake looks like a "T" valve where the new replacement looks like a big "M". The valve is usually located in the upper right hand corner of the equipment compartment. It has (2) 3/4" lines and a 1/8" line coming from it.

2. Mice can do damage but it is not too common. If they did, they usually eat through the air lines which are located up high under the bartop.

Let me know if you have the old air-intake and we'll go from there.

1. If you have not had the air-intake valve replaced with a Hartford Loop, that is most likely your problem. The old intake looks like a "T" valve where the new replacement looks like a big "M". The valve is usually located in the upper right hand corner of the equipment compartment. It has (2) 3/4" lines and a 1/8" line coming from it.

2. Mice can do damage but it is not too common. If they did, they usually eat through the air lines which are located up high under the bartop.

OK, I do have the "T" as described.......however, it doesn`t appear to have any leaks here. I`d guess the leak is further up the line that disappears into the foam in the upper right corner......out of sight.

OK, I do have the "T" as described.......however, it doesn`t appear to have any leaks here. I`d guess the leak is further up the line that disappears into the foam in the upper right corner......out of sight.

Yes, it drains out of the front right corner. Change it and go from there.

Alright......(heading for the nearest shop to get to get the Hartford loop....I`ll be back..)

• 3 weeks later...

Alright......(heading for the nearest shop to get to get the Hartford loop....I`ll be back..)

OK, I`ve got the heartford loop but with no instructions. It`s an "M" like you described with no 1/8 line for it. Do I cap my existing 1/8 line? Which direction is the flow? (does it flow in the direction of the top right corner?)