Limelight Flair

sapoole

Hello, my wife and I are looking for a spa and was originally looking at a Hot Springs Envoy until we saw the price. The dealer then showed us the Tiger River Bengal as well as the Limelight Flair. We were most impressed by the Flair. We were quoted a cash price of about $7k plus about $500 for the cover lifter, ozone, and steps. I believe tax was included in this price. The tiger river was only about $500 less. The questions we have are:

1. Is that a fair price?

2. How does the quality seem to be?

3. Does the small filter effective area seem to be a problem (65ft vs. >300ft for the HS).

4. Is the insulation and operating costs inline with the HotSprings?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

We just purchased a Limelight Flair a few weeks ago. We are very happy with it. We will see over time how it adds up, but we feel as it is from Hot Springs, it is good quality. We got a fair deal also. Very close to the price you've been quoted.

Good luck with your decision!

Anne

I saw one in a dealer and it looked very nice. Sorry that doesn't add much but it looked like a very solid and well built spa, and the lighting system was definitely nice. One complaint that jumped out at me was the display control panel on the front, it was NOT intuitive at all, as I was simply trying to change/dim lights, turn jets on and off, etc and it was confusing, the other spas by Sundance made much more sense. I am sure once you read the manual the Limelight control panel would make sense, but again it was very confusing at first glance. Nice spa though, we will certainly consider a pulse when making our final decision.

Anyone else with a Limelight product that can comment before we pull the trigger?

I don't know that product specifically. Maybe ask the dealer for references and follow up. The dealer shouldn't hesitate to do that, and owners are usually more than willing to talk about their tubs!

Hi There,

I sell Limelight and Hotsprings over in the uK, we just started selling limelight this summer and they are flying out the door, they are extremely solid and you also have a good warranty, the only thing I would say is that you are limited to certain types of cover lifters due to the framework being steel rather than the wood of the HS range. I would suggest test soaking it first though as each spa is different, and being moulds they are not adjustable, also have a look at a HS sovereign which should be similiar price to the flair.

I personally have an envoy which is pound for pound the best spa on the market IMHO, if you can stretch to the price I would really recommend it, dont worry about the control panel on the limelight either, you will get the hang of it in 5 mins flat!!

Good luck

Mac

Thanks for the comments Mac. We ended up ordering the Flair last Thursday. We ended up paying $6575 setup & delivered + ozone, steps, cover lifter, tax so about $7500 out the door with everything. The only thing that I am not sure of is the lounger for me. My wife loved the lounger. She is about 5'9" and I am closer to 6'0". It seems like a nice unit for the money. I wanted to look at the HS Soverign but it was about $1000 more and the envoy almost $3k more. I am a little cocerned about the 3yr warranty but can't justify spending more at this point to get another couple years. We are a first time spa owner so this if very exciting. We were told 4-6 weeks for delivery. The good news is we should be in great shape for Christmas time! I built a 15'x15' covered area off the back of my pole building for the spa. I am now just waiting for the contractor to put the steel ceiling in :unsure: . Eventually we may enclose the area in with glass, this winter we may put heavy mil plastic up for wind/snow protection on the north & west sides. We average about 180" of snow a year where I am at. Anyhow, I'll try to post some pics once we receive it.

Thanks for the comments Mac. We ended up ordering the Flair last Thursday. We ended up paying $6575 setup & delivered + ozone, steps, cover lifter, tax so about $7500 out the door with everything. The only thing that I am not sure of is the lounger for me. My wife loved the lounger. She is about 5'9" and I am closer to 6'0". It seems like a nice unit for the money. I wanted to look at the HS Soverign but it was about $1000 more and the envoy almost $3k more. I am a little cocerned about the 3yr warranty but can't justify spending more at this point to get another couple years. We are a first time spa owner so this if very exciting. We were told 4-6 weeks for delivery. The good news is we should be in great shape for Christmas time! I built a 15'x15' covered area off the back of my pole building for the spa. I am now just waiting for the contractor to put the steel ceiling in :unsure: . Eventually we may enclose the area in with glass, this winter we may put heavy mil plastic up for wind/snow protection on the north & west sides. We average about 180" of snow a year where I am at. Anyhow, I'll try to post some pics once we receive it.

Congrats on your purchase! We love our Flair! I think with the warranty, the great thing is that it has the same "no fault" heater with warranty that the HS models do and the same quality pumps and general "guts" and insulation. So, you know you're still getting a great quality tub. And if you've got a great dealer, you're in the berries! ;)

As for the control panel? It really isn't difficult to figure out at all. Like Mac said, 5 minutes is all it takes to figure it out. And the guys who delivered it showed us how to use it. The manual shows how to work everything in plain english as well.

We have been really happy with the ease of use and care. Only a small amount of chlorine once a week(which I know some say isn't enough, but hasn't been a prob for us) and shock after each use. We cleaned the filter for the first time the other day, 3 weeks after set up and it was amazing how much junk had been caught in there! We just hosed it out and we were ready to go again!

I have not complaints so far. We love it and have no regrets or 2nd thoughts about our choice. I think you got a little better deal than us.

What colors did you choose?

Anne

We have had our flair for about 3 months now. Absolutely love it and am so glad we took the plunge. This is our first hot tub. We did have a problem with the waterfall light, but was quickly fixed under warranty. The lighting is really nice and you have 3 adjustments for light intensity. Love the looping too. You can also invert the control panel to be able to read it from within the tub itself. Happy soaking.

:P

We have had our Flair for about a month now. It is so relaxing! I am still trying to figure out all the jet programming and the diverter selections. My only problem has been with the circulating jets...I can't seem to get them to work all the time. We paid about the same price you did! Enjoy your Christmas present!

We have had our Flair for about a month now. It is so relaxing! I am still trying to figure out all the jet programming and the diverter selections. My only problem has been with the circulating jets...I can't seem to get them to work all the time. We paid about the same price you did! Enjoy your Christmas present!

Are you talking about the "clean cycle"? Or the circulation pump? Or something else?

Yeah, we had a faulty light circuit and they came promptly and replaced it for us. We are so very happy with our tub. Though I went and tested out my parents HS Jetsetter and the "moto massage" was heavenly! Though, it's too small for us and the Envoy, and Sovereign didn't have the other jets in the right place for us, not to mention the cost. I can go use their tub when I want a change, but I still love ours.

Anne

Are you talking about the "clean cycle"? Or the circulation pump? Or something else?

Yeah, we had a faulty light circuit and they came promptly and replaced it for us. We are so very happy with our tub. Though I went and tested out my parents HS Jetsetter and the "moto massage" was heavenly! Though, it's too small for us and the Envoy, and Sovereign didn't have the other jets in the right place for us, not to mention the cost. I can go use their tub when I want a change, but I still love ours.

Anne

Sorry about my terminology as I am still trying to learn it all. I was talking about the spinning circulating jets that you are supposed to turn on and off with the outer rim.

Anne

Sorry about my terminology as I am still trying to learn it all. I was talking about the spinning circulating jets that you are supposed to turn on and off with the outer rim.

It depends on what pumps are on. And in your manual it tells how each pump works and which diverter controls which jets. If it doesn't seem to be working the way it says it should, then it's time to call the dealer.

Anne