Anyone Ever Heard Of Qca Spas?

spa_newb

Yes I have, they have been around for a long time and I believe they are made in Bettendorf Iowa, or maybe assembled there. If you look at there web site I believe there spas are used in certain hotel chains. I use to work in Davenport IA, and have been in there store.

They look pretty nice, hust curious if anyone has seen or heard of them.

http://www.qcaspas.com/content/home/default.aspx

Yes, I just purchased a QCA spa (Topaz 30) in August so I know a bit about them...I live in Iowa just 50 miles from the QCA factory. A friend and her doctor husband has had one for 5 years, and had no problems with it, thats how I heard about them. As I looked at the products offered at various dealers in my area, they carried Sundance, HotSprings, Tiger River, etc., I determined that they were very nice tubs, well built, with correspondingly high prices. I am believer that you get what you pay for, so I was tempted to pay the big bucks for the name brand. However, on the way through the Quad Cities area, my family and I stopped at their factory & showroom. We spent a fair amount of time there, looking at their products, how they were manufactured, etc. I liked what I saw, reasonable quality, probably not as nice of jets and other amenities, but after getting a price quote, which included delivery to my backyard, I was sold. I was told by the "other" manufacturer's dealers that QCA was the "Mattel Toy" of the spa industry, definitely "low end" and to stay away from them. I was told things that they didn't have, warranty problems, etc. I found out for myself that most of the things I was told were false. Its been running since the first week of August and through nightly use, so far so good, no problems. I paid about $2000 less for this tub, which fit my budget. The insulation is sprayed on 2" thick the underside of the shell, and 2" on the inside of the synthetic cabinet walls, so not bad. I will probably add some insulation to the floor and top underside of the shell and a spa blanket to increase heat retention during these very cold Iowa winters. The skimmer opening could be vertically longer to accommodate higher water levels when more people are in it. Other than that, they all hold water and they all heat up. Its all about what you can and want to pay for your toys.