Water Not Circulating

BulldogFan

We have recently been given a Jacuzzi S260000 hot tub. It worked fine the first time it was filled. It was drained and refilled and now the pump evidently is not working correctly. The motor turns and the heat comes on but the water is not circulating. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Is it airbound? Very common at water changes. Try bleeding it.

I'm not exactly the guy to ask, but i know it's possible to change how often your circ pump runs ...if you have one. I'm not sure what brand of electronics your spa has but if you see a "Mode" button, give it a press. Often you have several options for filtration ...more filtration = cleaner water and more electricty usage = more money. So often you will see options like Ecn for Economy Mode etc. You may have an option that turns of 24/7 circulation to save $. You should have a manual for your spa or you can get one with a quick google of your spa model and the word "manual".

Your installer may have set you up one way but you may have flipped the breaker to off and reset to the default settings which are often Ecn (economy!) So your circ put may not run as often. Read your manual and just try some of the other settings. My circ pump runs 24/7, but my spa has a dedicated smaller pump while many spas Pump#1 just runs at half speed. I'm sure a more informed tech would know, but reading your manual is a good way to also see things like error messages you may see... you may have other problems (clogged filters can turn off heater etc)

Thanks for all your replys. It must have been airbound. We had installed a new filter and just filled the tub with the hose. That's the way it had always been filled by our SIL who gave it to us. We drained it and and checked the pump and filled it through the filter. It worked like a charm. I'm new to all of this so am learning as I go.