Help Finding A Pool In New York?

mmitchell

Hello,

I have been researching fiberglass pools for a few weeks now. We are looking for a lagoon shape...for example, we really like the Cancun by Viking, 36x16x6, I think....We are on Long Island in New York and have found that many companies are asking at least $34,000 for a pool like that. We have thought about many options, like Water World and putting it in ourselves. We wanted to stay in the $25,000 range, since we will have to do fencing, coping, electric...that will run us, out here, at LEAST another $8,000. I am just ready to give up...Everyone seems like they are all in the same ballpark. A smaller pool, 30x16, would run us $31,000, plus the electric, coping and fencing. What should I do??? I just think I should do a vinyl for $20,000, but I really wanted a fiberglass and we could do it now. I need some advice. Any recommendations for companies out here that will do a pool for us in our budget? One we actually like?

M. Mitchell

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I have been researching fiberglass pools for a few weeks now. We are looking for a lagoon shape...for example, we really like the Cancun by Viking, 36x16x6, I think....We are on Long Island in New York and have found that many companies are asking at least $34,000 for a pool like that. We have thought about many options, like Water World and putting it in ourselves. We wanted to stay in the $25,000 range, since we will have to do fencing, coping, electric...that will run us, out here, at LEAST another $8,000. I am just ready to give up...Everyone seems like they are all in the same ballpark. A smaller pool, 30x16, would run us $31,000, plus the electric, coping and fencing. What should I do??? I just think I should do a vinyl for $20,000, but I really wanted a fiberglass and we could do it now. I need some advice. Any recommendations for companies out here that will do a pool for us in our budget? One we actually like?

M. Mitchell

I looked at the WaterWorld website (http://www.waterworldpools.com/pool_types.html) it looks as if the pool your looking for is around $15,000. Looks to me that they would be your best bet to stay near your budget. I buy and sell houses as a side busness, have bought two pools from them in the past, and am in the process of buying my third. I highly recomend them.

• 3 months later...