Bromine Floater In A Chlorine Tub On Vacation?

Accent

I use chlorine + N2 + ozone in my tub because somewhere I got the idea that chlorine was better than bromine - or at least you can keep the levels a bit lower by adding after soak, it's possibly healthier, and it's cheaper. But, I've had issues when leaving town for more than a couple days and I'll be going on a 3-week trip soon and I'd like to keep problems in check. Can I use a bromine floater in this tub? Would that allow me to basically leave the water alone for a few weeks - even if someone uses it occasionally? Would the bromine have a bad or unpleasant reaction with the chlorine or N2 which are already in the tub? Would people recommend a floater or the frog system?

Any thoughts on this or other plans for leaving the tub would be much appreciated.

You can not use bromine with Nature 2. It will not work, says not to right on the box. The frog mineral stick is different than N2 and can be used with bromine. Once bromine is added to water, you will have a bromine based tub until a drain.

If you are letting someone use the tub, have them add chlorine while you are gone. If it is not going to used at all, shock with MPS (non chlorine shock) then add enough chlorine to bring the risidual up to 10 and you should have a risidual of chlorine when you get back. Make sure your filters are clean also before shocking the tub. When you return, add chlorine if needed.

If you had problems when leaving for a couple of days, you had some sort of contaminate in the tub. Make sure the filters are clean, Super shock with MPS and bring your chlorine levels up, or have someone come check the tub for you.