Spa Flush

Accent

I recently ordered a product called "Spa Flush" - which is supposed to breakdown microfilm and scale and stuff inside the pipes. You use it right before you drain and refill. The directions say to remove the filter when you use, but my manual says to never run the pump without a filter in place (with many exclamation points). Has anyone used this product before? Did you remove or not remove the filter?

Thanks

I recently ordered a product called "Spa Flush" - which is supposed to breakdown microfilm and scale and stuff inside the pipes. You use it right before you drain and refill. The directions say to remove the filter when you use, but my manual says to never run the pump without a filter in place (with many exclamation points). Has anyone used this product before? Did you remove or not remove the filter?

Thanks

As long as there is nothing in the tub that can get sucked down the line then it is perfectly fine.

Thanks

I'm not sure about your tub in particular, but I have run the same (or equivalent) product without the filters, and had no problems. I think Dan is right- as long as there's nothing in the tub to get sucked into the lines, I can't see any reason it should harm the tub.

Tony

I just did it with the filters still in. My water wasn't very clean and I didn't want to risk it. It seemed to work fine - the filter looks good and my new fill of water seems extra clean and sparkly - not sure if that's the reason, but I'm glad I refilled and tried the product.

I just did it with the filters still in. My water wasn't very clean and I didn't want to risk it. It seemed to work fine - the filter looks good and my new fill of water seems extra clean and sparkly - not sure if that's the reason, but I'm glad I refilled and tried the product.

Well, I think as long as your filters look good, that is the main concern. Maybe your tub didn't need it in the end? When I used it, I didn't get nearly as much gook as I'd heard I was going to get- I can imagine if the tub was really nasty, the filters would get pretty bad.

Either way, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Tony