Draining Infinity Sun Peak

djmash

Hi -

Does anyone know where I can hook the hose up to my Infinity Sun Peak hot tub to drain it?

Thanks,

Doug

Inside the equipment bay there should be a hose tucked away with a cap on it. Your garden hose will screw to that.

Wanna make it quicker? Get a pump.

Hi -

Does anyone know where I can hook the hose up to my Infinity Sun Peak hot tub to drain it?

Thanks,

Doug

The drain valve for my Sun Peak is at the bottom of the skirting on the right side when you stand facing the topside control panel - it's not in the equipment bay. To drain the tub, pull out the drain cover then unscrew it. Screw on a piece of hose (so the water runs out away from the tub) and then turn the nozzle counter-clockwise.

The drain valve for my Sun Peak is at the bottom of the skirting on the right side when you stand facing the topside control panel - it's not in the equipment bay. To drain the tub, pull out the drain cover then unscrew it. Screw on a piece of hose (so the water runs out away from the tub) and then turn the nozzle counter-clockwise.

If it comes with a drain fitting it should be in the front at the bottom. If its not there and you were expecting one call their customer service (with their track record "forgetting" to install it wouldn't shock me)

call their customer service (with their track record "forgetting" to install it wouldn't shock me)

and the Infinity bashing continues....

I had previously created a posting with pictures :D on how to do this here.

On some models, you have to turn the drain, on others, you have to push it in. It isn't quite obvious the first time you do it.

HTH,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken:

We just drained our Sunpeak and refilled it. We just noticed that the water seemed to begetting shallower , so I just took off the front panel. While examining the drain hose, there is a small leak near the cap. Do you know if there should be a washer inside the cap? I have tighten and untighten the cap a few times, but it continues to leak. Doesn't look like I crossed threaded it so I am assuming either that there is a washer and I lost it, that the cap has a small crack, or there is a small crack at the end of the drain hose.

What do you think?

Thanks

call their customer service (with their track record "forgetting" to install it wouldn't shock me)

and the Infinity bashing continues....

I had previously created a posting with pictures :D on how to do this here.

On some models, you have to turn the drain, on others, you have to push it in. It isn't quite obvious the first time you do it.

HTH,

Ken