Just Another New Guy....

Hello all,

Just got a new (to me) Hot springs tub yesterday, and decided to register here. I also have an inground pool that I have maintained for 9 years or so.

Wonder if anyone could direct me to a manual for a Hot Spring's tub, or help me decode the serial number of the tub to figure out what year it is?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the help I got here in the past while 'lurking'... :D

you can google hot springs spa manuals. Also you can go to www.olympichottub.com and go to the owners corner and download it from there. As far as the age, I would call the closest dealer to you and give them the info of your spa. You will want to be in the system to document all the history of your spa and they should be able to tell you the year and all the work that has ever been done on it. Congratulations!

• 3 weeks later...

Three weeks later, I am still very happy with my tub. I had a minor leak at the heater, but changed the clear low pressure hoses ($11 at Home Depot) and it went away.

I had no luck locating the manual online, but my local Hpt Springs dealer called Hot Springs, and they sent me out a new one at no charge. I have been quite impressed with them, and have not felt like a 2nd class citizen in any way for having bought a used spa.

I have been in the spa every day since I got it filled. I am sure that like most new things folks tend to use them more when they first get them... but I am really enjoying my nightly soak. It is a nice way to relax before going to bed.

Thanks to all here who have helped me figure it out, I am glad I found this forum and I appreciate your help.