Arctic Versus Dynasty

sjo

I am new to this site and have done a lot of reading in the forums, I have never owned a tub but am looking to buy. I live in Canada where the winters are cold, the 2 tubs I am currently looking at are arctic and dynasty. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pros and cons of each and which would be better as I will admit I know nothing about hot tubs. Thanks for anyones help.

I am new to this site and have done a lot of reading in the forums, I have never owned a tub but am looking to buy. I live in Canada where the winters are cold, the 2 tubs I am currently looking at are arctic and dynasty. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pros and cons of each and which would be better as I will admit I know nothing about hot tubs. Thanks for anyones help.

Opinions may vary but if I were in a cold climate I would want a full foam spa or a spa insulated in the manner Arctic does it. For that reason alone I'd go with Arctic over Dynasty.

Beyond that Dynasty's prorated warranty (assuming it’s still prorated, their site was unavailable when I went to look) has always been a bit of a red flag for me.

One of the things I love about this forum, Nobody really trash talks anybody elses stuff. There are reps and dealers and techs, all have a mutual respect for eachother and this forum.

I am a fellow consumer and wish I could answer your request better. I've only owned an Arctic for one week. But I am in northern New Hampshire, 30 miles from Quebec, and purchased my tub with the same criteria you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the things I love about this forum, Nobody really trash talks anybody elses stuff. There are reps and dealers and techs, all have a mutual respect for eachother and this forum.

I am a fellow consumer and wish I could answer your request better. I've only owned an Arctic for one week. But I am in northern New Hampshire, 30 miles from Quebec, and purchased my tub with the same criteria you mentioned.

Another upcoming forum is www.thepoolandspaforum.com that I saw online.

sjo,

When we first started looking at tubs, we were interested in a Dynasty Caspian 55, our dealer also sells Arctic. We were taken in by the looks of the Dynasty. Our dealer ordered one in for us to wet tests, no obligation, and when it finally arrived, we jumped in. We were sort of dissapointed in the jets, looked pretty though, and hubby didn't fit under the molded neck jets. So, then we jumped in a Klondiker (we don't want a lounger) just for shitz and giggles, and the difference in the jet feel was amazing!! I personally want an Arctic, hubby still can't find anything he is quite comfy in, but regardless, go with what your body and checkbook feel is right. Good luck and wet test, that will be the proof you'll need!