Soft Tub

Winger

I went to the Wisconsin State Fair and looked at tubs. I have been interested in the Hot Springs and the Caldera. Came across the Soft Tub sale today for 3600 delivered. I need a tub to soak....it seem like this would fit the bill. Any ideas on this tub? Uses a 110 outlet and doesnt need a cement slab.

TYIA

I went to the Wisconsin State Fair and looked at tubs. I have been interested in the Hot Springs and the Caldera. Came across the Soft Tub sale today for 3600 delivered. I need a tub to soak....it seem like this would fit the bill. Any ideas on this tub? Uses a 110 outlet and doesnt need a cement slab.

TYIA

Hi,

I just got my Softub last week and have used it for three or four nights. For me it was the choice. My wife has RA and the larger hard tubs were a safety concern. I like it allot, and I would suggest buy the large 300 model and get the extra two jets and the ozenator (SP)

Zuggy

Came across the Soft Tub sale today for 3600 delivered. I need a tub to soak....it seem like this would fit the bill. Any ideas on this tub? Uses a 110 outlet and doesnt need a cement slab.

TYIA

They serve their purpose, simple and affordable. The other side is there is no heater (it'll take a full day + to heat and can loose heat quick if in cold whether when in use), they aren't all that well insulated, the jets are simple, you'll feel like you are sitting on the floor. But again, they aren't made to compete with the premium spas out there. Typically they are for someone with a limited budget and someone who literally wants something extremely portable.

If you're gonna buy a low end tub I would get a Freeflow over a Softub. But if you're gonna buy a low end tub, why not spend $500-1000 more and get a comparable model from one of the premium spa companies? Marquis, Sundance, HotSpring, D1 all have budget oriented models.

I don't get it... I'm really not sure why anyone would spend thousands on a glorified kiddies pool with jets? If they could retail them for a $1000-$1500, I would have sold them in our store and that's what I told the rep the 5 times he came in to sell me them. I could offer a real spa that's actually comfortable and you don't have to sit on the floor, you get real hydrotherapy and it'll maintain its temperature for a thousand bucks more than what I'd have to sell the softtub at. It just didn't make sense.

I think the "portable" aspect appeals to less than 1% of hot tub shoppers so I wasn't buying into that either.

I had delt with many people with regards to access in and out of the spa with regards to ailments and such. There's always a way to do things if the desire is there.

To those of you considering buying a softtub... go to Walmart, buy a kiddies pool, a few cans of baked beans and the result will be similar! :P You'll just spend less than $100 to get similar therapy and comfort.

Steve

How comfortable is it? What did you set it on? I was thinking of sand.

Thanks

Hi,

Generally it is fine. In our 300 model there is one sorta bench raised seat and that has three jets behind it. The floor is soft and not hard on you botto. However there is no back support, but the jets work well. I placed the tub on my brick patio and that works fine. I believe Softub has a under mat for un prepared area. Ensure that the place where your going to place it that there are no objects poking up to go into the liner.

Zuggy

• 11 years later...

I am having trouble with my Soft Tub constantly cycling on and off.  The thermostat will swing wildly, up 108 then back to 100, and I know the tub is only at 102-104 degrees.  The tub with turn on for a few seconds and then cycle back off, only to do it again less than a minute later.  Also, sometimes the thermostat resets to 100 degree without the GFI or breaker having been tripped.  Does any one have any ideas about what might be going on.  I have only had the tub for about 4 years, so it is pretty frustrating.  Thanks!