Need Advice On Pre Spa Planning.

Thank you in advance for any input.

I am going to be buying my first Tub soon. My doctor wants me to be in it three times a day for my back injury to help relieve my constant pain. He also does not want me to have to deal with stairs because with my injury I loose feelings in my legs stepping down. Here is the problem. Live in a 2 story house with basement that is partially renovated and is not sellable as is. I am unable to finish the renovation unless I can use a spa for pain relief but we need to move to a single story as soon as possible. So I would like to make the spa installation removable or movable. Not knowing how fast I can work with the pain relief from the spa, I don't know if it will be a year or five or if I can get the house up for sale on my own. I need to figure out the best foundation for the spa that could be removed without major cost or I need to have the current concrete patio removed and repoured thicker and level and doubt I can afford that with cost of tub and electric. My current patio is not a good location however, due to a large tree of neighbors that is extreemly messy and smelly, we can not even use patio for a bbq because of this tree. We have talked with the neighbors for years about removing the tree and guess what they say. :angry: Even with where I am thinking of placing the spa, the tree's mess may require me to put a roof over the spa that I can clean easily. (anyone try these fold up camping tarp roofs for a spa?) Another issue with this is wind, we get wind (just had to have roof redone from wind damage) so I may need a more permanent kind of roof than a tarp if we continue to stay here for long.

Not knowing how long I am going to be in this house has me confused on how to install the tub so that it is usable but would not be an issue to move later.(I would think a cement pad in the yard with wires sticking up would not be a good selling point) I was wondering about using pavers and is there a good way to make a solid level serface that would be stable for the weight? A wood deck may not look so out of place if tub removed but the cost would be? (in this neighborhood, selling house with the tub would not recover costs IMO) Or should I just figure a way to do a more permatent install and let it go with house and hope that somehow I can get another when I move, living on dissability. My brain is not able to work through this like it use to before my injury, with the pain and pills... :unsure::blink:

I was wondering about using pavers and is there a good way to make a solid level serface that would be stable for the weight?

Have you looked into these?

http://www.novacompanies.com/nova-STA-8259.html

I have heard of people using pavers, crushed gravel and rail road ties as well. I would discuss thses options with your hot tub dealer as well to ensure placing your tub on one of these does not void your warrenty.

Good luck.

Thank you in advance for any input.

I am going to be buying my first Tub soon. My doctor wants me to be in it three times a day for my back injury to help relieve my constant pain. He also does not want me to have to deal with stairs because with my injury I loose feelings in my legs stepping down. Here is the problem. Live in a 2 story house with basement that is partially renovated and is not sellable as is. I am unable to finish the renovation unless I can use a spa for pain relief but we need to move to a single story as soon as possible. So I would like to make the spa installation removable or movable. Not knowing how fast I can work with the pain relief from the spa, I don't know if it will be a year or five or if I can get the house up for sale on my own. I need to figure out the best foundation for the spa that could be removed without major cost or I need to have the current concrete patio removed and repoured thicker and level and doubt I can afford that with cost of tub and electric. My current patio is not a good location however, due to a large tree of neighbors that is extreemly messy and smelly, we can not even use patio for a bbq because of this tree. We have talked with the neighbors for years about removing the tree and guess what they say. :angry: Even with where I am thinking of placing the spa, the tree's mess may require me to put a roof over the spa that I can clean easily. (anyone try these fold up camping tarp roofs for a spa?) Another issue with this is wind, we get wind (just had to have roof redone from wind damage) so I may need a more permanent kind of roof than a tarp if we continue to stay here for long.

Not knowing how long I am going to be in this house has me confused on how to install the tub so that it is usable but would not be an issue to move later.(I would think a cement pad in the yard with wires sticking up would not be a good selling point) I was wondering about using pavers and is there a good way to make a solid level serface that would be stable for the weight? A wood deck may not look so out of place if tub removed but the cost would be? (in this neighborhood, selling house with the tub would not recover costs IMO) Or should I just figure a way to do a more permatent install and let it go with house and hope that somehow I can get another when I move, living on dissability. My brain is not able to work through this like it use to before my injury, with the pain and pills... :unsure::blink:

I've put two tubs on pavers with no problems except the joint sand has a habit of working loose and being tracked in to the tub on people's feet. Just make sure you have a few inches of compacted crusher run (sometimes called quarry process) stone under the sand or stone dust the pavers are set in.

You should definately check with the manufacturer - my new Hot Springs Grandee had to to on concrete as per the manufacturer.

Greg.