Cloudy Water Please Help Husband Freaking Out

:o

I opened my pool in June to brown murky water. Due to leaves getting through cover from slashes in cover from ice storm. I have a 18,000 gallon in-ground vinyl pool I. used Bio Guard CLC which I was told was the strongest chlorine. After a week or so the water never cleared up and was cloudy blue. My husband vacuumed the pool and removed all leaves. We were told to vacuum to waste, but he did not want to lose water level.

At this time we have consistently added chlorine and silk tab chlorine tablets to pool. Everytime I take in a pool sample it reads that I have no free chlorine. We have balanced Ph and Alkalinity. Pool reps insist that leaves on bottom of pool is diminishing the chlorine level. However, we have no leaves in the pool. At this point I have no idea what to do.

Tonight we added 8 packets of multi functional shock and silk tabs to skimmer.

FYI- New sand filter when we closed the pool and new pump last summer. We live in Illinois and have had lots of rain.

Should we be vacuuming to waste? Any suggestions..... BTW pool supplier we use is wonderful and just as puzzled.

What about flocing pool?

I opened my pool in June to brown murky water. Due to leaves getting through cover from slashes in cover from ice storm. I have a 18,000 gallon in-ground vinyl pool I. used Bio Guard CLC which I was told was the strongest chlorine. After a week or so the water never cleared up and was cloudy blue. My husband vacuumed the pool and removed all leaves. We were told to vacuum to waste, but he did not want to lose water level.

At this time we have consistently added chlorine and silk tab chlorine tablets to pool. Everytime I take in a pool sample it reads that I have no free chlorine. We have balanced Ph and Alkalinity. Pool reps insist that leaves on bottom of pool is diminishing the chlorine level. However, we have no leaves in the pool. At this point I have no idea what to do.

Tonight we added 8 packets of multi functional shock and silk tabs to skimmer.

FYI- New sand filter when we closed the pool and new pump last summer. We live in Illinois and have had lots of rain.

Should we be vacuuming to waste? Any suggestions..... BTW pool supplier we use is wonderful and just as puzzled.

What about flocing pool?

HAve your water tested for phosphates. I had a similar problem (the no chlorine part) and had 2700 ppb phosphate levels. Brought those down, all is well. I have a 35k gallon swg pool.